LST-2

Illf8ed

11-30-2-21 10pm est

They'd sound even better than you're presently hearing if they were against a solid clear wall as they were designed to be. Against a wall which serves to aid in bass response/reinforcement for any acoustic suspension speaker typically requires, I can assure you will sound much better, bigger, stronger. These were not designed to be placed 'into' the room as one can do with other box ported speakers. More supportive stands at least 21 inches or more would place them closer to 'ear-height' (while seated), which will also aid in better sound. See link below.

FM

I have tried them against the wall spaced at the middle 2/3rds of the room width. They are in this position as I just finished them and they as accessible for any adjustment.

You don’t like my Bose stands?

19 hours ago, Illf8ed said:

I have tried them against the wall spaced at the middle 2/3rds of the room width. They are in this position as I just finished them and they as accessible for any adjustment.

You don’t like my Bose stands?

11-30-2021 11PM

l've always loved those Bose stands with their late '50s early '60s design, even had a 42" table with same base design in my old meet and greet area but, these are too impractical with most speakers. In fact I own two pairs i found on the streets of NYC around 1988 or so. Foolishly thought I could balance an AR-LST on one as I held and tried to position it.

Result? There was no way it would balance the cabinet and there's no way I would trust such a valuable speaker on an inadequate and incorrect stand using LST's.

Below: stands I first used to support my LST's back in the 1990's,  available on eBay rite now. When I bought them back then, they cost me much more, I recall they were made by Target a high-end stand builder. They also have built-in spikes and although in turn they put tiny spike holes in the bottoms of one pair of LST's, they didn't shift or move at all and thus were very secure. https://www.ebay.com/itm/384424418372   I believe capable of 200lb. capacity each. The stands I use now are much stronger and better balance the LST type of speaker. For me, steel is the strongest and most secure of course.

FM

1927481907_Myoldstandsinthe90s.thumb.png.a55af8be0a837bf2ed90308e41d2ce24.png