AR 92's

Guest andimania

Guest andimania

Hey all.

I've decided to sell my pair of beloved AR 92's.

Before the woofer foams went, they were a joy. Recently I posted here about my new A&R Cambridge A60, and now I realize I've bitten off more than I can chew with the restoration.

I bought the refoaming kit and a new pair of dust covers, the speakers are in generally great order. I never had the grills though.

Given this info, could anyone give me an idea of how much I can expect to raise towards a working set of AR's?

I've attached a couple of pix with this post.

post-101544-1131623932.jpg

682.txt

>Hey all.

>I've decided to sell my pair of beloved AR 92's.

>Before the woofer foams went, they were a joy. Recently I

>posted here about my new A&R Cambridge A60, and now I realize

>I've bitten off more than I can chew with the restoration.

>I bought the refoaming kit and a new pair of dust covers, the

>speakers are in generally great order. I never had the grills

>though.

>Given this info, could anyone give me an idea of how much I

>can expect to raise towards a working set of AR's?

>I've attached a couple of pix with this post.

Do you live in the North East by any chance, I can give you a hand if your interested. If your mids and tweeters are in good shape it should not be too difficult to finish that restoration.

Pete B.

>how much I can expect to raise towards a working set of AR's<

But you're so close.

I had a set of 92s I bought from eBay. There was very little interest in them, I think because they cost so much to ship, yet aren't one of AR's better-known models of that era.

In their current state, if I were selling them, I'd be expecting to receive something less than $100 for them at auction. If you had the grills I'd guess you could expect $150 or less, although you might get lucky.

Understand, I'm not saying that they don't sound better than this value would suggest, but 92s don't seem to bring "big bucks." I think I paid about $200 including shipping for those I bought and they were complete. Sadly, they were dropped in shipping, ruining one cabinet and destroying one midrange (which I replaced with new replacements that never sounded quite right).

From a "value" standpoint (dollar spent per unit quality sound), you probably want to finish, or find someone who can finish, the repairs.

Bret

>Hey Pete!

>

>North east of England? Im in Doncaster South Yorkshire.

>Thanks

Oh sorry no, USA. Looks like you've got the dust caps off, your almost there, I think several here will help walk you through the rest, if you'd like.

Pete

Archived