Updated Acceptable Use Policy

administrator

I'm going to update the acceptable use policy here very soon. I will leave this topic for comment until I do. Please see the updated policy below:

The site administrator reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the user agreement without prior notice to the user. It is the responsibility of the user to regularly review the terms of this agreement.

The user agrees to the following terms:

1. You will provide correct information during registration.

2. You will check your posts for spelling and grammar.

3. You will verify your posts are on-topic.

4. You will respect copyrights and not post articles, reviews, etc. without appropriate permission.

5. You will not use your membership to spam, harrass, or exploit other members in any way.

6. You will not engage in illegal activity of any kind.

7. You will not use vulgar, abusive, racist, or sexist language.

8. You will not engage in flooding of the message boards.

9. You will avoid "flame wars."

The Classic Speaker Pages has truly become worldwide resource. As such, forum members bring with them a variety of cultural and language differences. Helpful advice in the eyes of one member may be taken as sarcasm by another. It is very important that all forum members stay professional and take the "high road" in their communications to make sure that The Classic Speaker Pages continues to be a valuable resource for years to come.

The Classic Speaker Pages is run as a hobby to support fans of New England area speaker manufacturers. The administrator has a full-time job which does not include policing these forums. Thus, if a member engages in problematic behavior, he or she should not be surprised if they are no longer able to login and do not receive a touchy-feely letter of explanation.

If you feel a serious offense per the terms of use above has been committed, you may contact the administrator with details.

Guest nathanso

I would like to see The Classic Speaker Pages ban the promotion of Ebay auctions, particularly on CSP's For sale / Wanted forum. The practice detracts from the community. Many other forum sites have adopted such a policy as their own buy-sell-trade forums were becoming link farms to Ebay.

I would also like to see a ban on cross-posting, e.g. a member posts an article for sale on For sale / Wanted and then sees fit to promote that post in CSP's brand-specific forums.

Guest groved

>I would like to see The Classic Speaker Pages ban the

>promotion of Ebay auctions, particularly on CSP's For sale /

>Wanted forum. The practice detracts from the community. Many

>other forum sites have adopted such a policy as their own

>buy-sell-trade forums were becoming link farms to Ebay.

>

>I would also like to see a ban on cross-posting, e.g. a member

>posts an article for sale on For sale / Wanted and then sees

>fit to promote that post in CSP's brand-specific forums.

Thank you for your pointed comments nathanso!

You hit the nail on the head: The CSP were not created to be an eBay (or any other) trading post!

Regards,

Doug

Seattle, WA

(AR addict since 1971)

Agree fully with "The Administrator". A little civility goes a long ways. We need to keep CSP's a fun relaxing place to be, a place where we can relax, visit with fellow members, sharing and enjoying our hobby in a worldwide family of fellow enthusiasts. As for flame wars as my pappy used to say, "if you do not have anything good to say about someone, then don't say anything". I personally try to treat people the way that I would like to be treated. So lets keep it fun.

As for the selling issue, I agree to a point. The For Sale/Wanted Section should be only for members - to members. But an idea that is used on another forum is a separate section for posting ebay, craigslist, recycler, etc. items that we may all come across from time to time. If I happen to see a pair of speakers for sale locally and am not interested there may be another member who is. As for ebay I don't have time to check every day so it might be nice if someone were to catch something I missed.

On the For Sale / Wanted section we need original posters to be able to remove the ad once a sale is completed or maybe have an expiration date at which time it will be deleted and the seller can repost.

Well that is my two cents worth of spelling reviewed (if I remember how to spell) comments. Thanks for putting up with my ramblings.

James

Archived