AR94Sx wiring shematic

Guest ctweedy

Guest ctweedy

I am redoing some AR94Sx speakers, but who had them last plugged them all in wrong. If you are familiar with this set all I need to know is what the positive is for the woofer mid woofer and tweeter. I think its red, green and blue. Please correct me if I am wrong. This set uses 2 woofers and not a midrange, or they derive the midrange out the middle woofer with the xover. They all are 371 and 471 tnb woofers. I am refaoming them this week, and cant wait to wire them back up. The dust caps on the tweeters were pushed in from kids I suppose. I fixed them by wetting the center and using a straw to suck them back out and let them dry, they look like new now :) Thanks for your help!!!

Charles Tweedy

In Virginia

Charles,

>>If you are familiar with this set all I need to know is what the positive is for the woofer mid woofer and tweeter. I think its red, green and blue. Please correct me if I am wrong.<<

I am not familiar with these speakers. However, AR and most other speaker manufacturers follow a "standard" or "convention" in wiring crossovers to drivers: The lighter colored wire "always" connects to the marked or "+" terminal of the driver irregardless of where the other end of the wire is connected on the crossover. This is done to maintain phase or polarity among the drivers.

Given the colors you listed, I believe the pairings are red/black - woofer; white/green - mid woofer; yellow/blue - tweeter. If this is the correct pairings, then red, white, and yellow are positive AT the wooofer, mid woofer, and tweeter respectively.

Hope this helps and someone who has these will confirm or correct me.

Rich

I was into a pair of these some months ago and can't remember exactly which colors went where other than thinking at the time that they were consistent with the formula Rich stated above.

I noticed the tweeters were soft and easily dented as well..glad you were able to suck 'em out. If you're not careful and you suck the tweeter into your throat, people will only be able to hear you choking at around 3khz and above :-). My apologies to the entire forum for that.

Roy

PS I think they are very nice sounding speakers and well worth your effort.

Guest ctweedy

Thanks a bunch. I wrote the colors wrong on the post, I meant what Rich stated, thank you for confirminig that for me. This is my fist AR set to redo. I have done some B&Ws with great success. I love the TSW 510, I hope these sound as good. BTW I came accross a set of DR-26 from audio technica today at goodwill for $5 for the pair. They are in great shape except for woofer rot on the 6.5 woofer. When I pulled the driver out, it looked just like a AR, and the silk dome tweeters mimic one as well as the sealed inclosure. Any ideas? Branded out AR? Take care!

-Charles

Archived