AR-2 restoration

teknofossil

Hello again. I have acquired some AR-2 speakers that were highly modified. Well, I just happen to have AR-2 original drivers so I will be restoring them back to original condition. Anyone have the schematic for the original AR-2, that is the one with the dual angled mid-tweeter array module? I removed some of the solid brown stain on the cabinets and it appears these have the mahogany veneer. Also, the previouus owner did a nice job modifying these, apparently knew what he was doing or had good advice. Modifications to the cabinet appear minor (vent hole in the driver baffle and grill frame, , widening of the woofer cut out to accept a non circular woofer) Stay tuned. 

-T

20191025_081314_resized1.jpg

20191025_081302_resized1.jpg

20191025_081249_resized1.jpg

2 hours ago, teknofossil said:

....the previous owner did a nice job modifying these......Modifications to the cabinet appear minor.....

I think I might tend to disagree with these two statements, but here are the schematics I've found. The Heathkit AS-2 was a kit version of the AR-2 that used authentic AR drivers. Also attached are pics of original AR-2 crossover components.

AR-2 schematic.jpg

AR-2 schematic.jpg

AR-2 x-o's var..jpg

On 10/25/2019 at 10:26 AM, ra.ra said:

I think I might tend to disagree with these two statements, but here are the schematics I've found. The Heathkit AS-2 was a kit version of the AR-2 that used authentic AR drivers. Also attached are pics of original AR-2 crossover components.

AR-2 schematic.jpg

AR-2 schematic.jpg

AR-2 x-o's var..jpg

Thank you for the schematic. Will help a lot. Also, my comment  "nice job modifying these" stems from the fact the changes are minor, the were done neatly and he obviously either knew something about speaker design or he had assistance from someone who did. In any event restoring them to their original condition should be without issues.