AR literature

dynaco_dan

I have numerous AR, Dynaco, Advent, KLH and other literature available to scan to their respective areas in the very near future. Any tips or advice for me?

Example factory wiring diagram of AR1a & b, ARLSTa & b, tuner, amp, receiver. Manuals and hi-fi mag. reviews. I wish to copy at no charge for your audience to enjoy. Vern

Guest dogmeninreno

>I have numerous AR, Dynaco, Advent, KLH and other literature

>available to scan to their respective areas in the very near

>future. Any tips or advice for me?

>

>Example factory wiring diagram of AR1a & b, ARLSTa & b, tuner,

>amp, receiver. Manuals and hi-fi mag. reviews. I wish to copy

>at no charge for your audience to enjoy.

Vern

If you need assistance in sending your files, contact Mark at:

http://www.arsenal.net/dc/dcboard.php?az=u...les&u_id=100001

He runs this forum and will be able to assist. Dale

You can email me directly:

webmaster@arsenal.net

Some people have sent materials to me that I then scan, others have scanned and then emailed the scans. The benefit of sending the originals to me is that I can take one set of high resolution scans for archival and one set for the website.

I haven't spent much time on the site lately but I have been thinking about how to improve things moving forward. I'm preparing to move back to Boston soon, and some interesting things will be happening for both me and this website. I'll post more details within the next couple weeks.

Thanks for your offer to improve the library of material here!

Mark

Guest jean-pierre

Hello Vern

It's an excellent idea.

It's very difficult, in Europ, to find AR literature.

Thank's for your availability.

We are impatient to read this literature.

>I have numerous AR, Dynaco, Advent, KLH and other literature

>available to scan to their respective areas in the very near

>future. Any tips or advice for me?

>

>Example factory wiring diagram of AR1a & b, ARLSTa & b, tuner,

>amp, receiver. Manuals and hi-fi mag. reviews. I wish to copy

>at no charge for your audience to enjoy. Vern

I am very pleased with the positive comments thus far. I know that what I have is usually photo copied and sold on eBay. I would like this information to be available to you as it was to me, free.

I have several binders full of AR, Advent, Allison, Dynaco, Micro/Acoustics, KLH, Infinity, etc. Some are ads cut from various mags such as Audio or reviews. Some are actual spec sheets of the day. I have several copies of the AR1 speaker wiring schematic. I also have very poor copies of the ARLST blueprints of at least 2 versions. AR, in particular Roy Allison, was extremely generous when asked for advise. A useful sheet on how to refinish the original speakers from AR will be another goodie. Microstatic tweeter array was used on top of Janszen electrostatics which sat on top of an AR-1w was the reference sytem used by Consumers Guide way back when. I did have several years working as a hobby at the local warantee depot in the early '70's. I had several opportunities to hear and see some very fine hifi equipment back in the '60's & '70's. I am moving soon and will keep in touch until I'm unpacked and can unpack all the goodies. A request to a site member for a copy of an owners manual for KLH Twelve helped motivate me to return the favour. Happy HIFI

• 2 weeks later...

>You can email me directly:

>

>webmaster@arsenal.net

>

>Some people have sent materials to me that I then scan, others

>have scanned and then emailed the scans. The benefit of

>sending the originals to me is that I can take one set of high

>resolution scans for archival and one set for the website.

>

>I haven't spent much time on the site lately but I have been

>thinking about how to improve things moving forward. I'm

>preparing to move back to Boston soon, and some interesting

>things will be happening for both me and this website. I'll

>post more details within the next couple weeks.

>

>Thanks for your offer to improve the library of material

>here!

>

>Mark

Just a thought I would like to comment on. I have downloaded several photos such as the AR ad with the old organ in the picture. I can barely see the photo and I am unable to read anything but the largest type. Is it possible to obtain a better quality photo for example .jpg or other file available to download? I will be trying several methods in a few months such as to scan and burning to a cd and sending the cd to Mark at the highest resolution possible and Mark can then copy the most practical copy to the site. I have a scanner but the resolution may not be high enough to provide more detailed copies. If all else fails I will get as good a photo copy as I can from Office Depot and mail these to Mark. There is obviously a lot of work being done to this site and it sure deserves everyones support and I applaud you, Mark. Have a great day.

>

• 4 weeks later...

Archived