Greetings from a noob

TSJ

Just picked up my first pair of KLH and am going through them. They are Model 23 and so far I have one tweeter out, but the rest looks good. I plan on a recap and would love a part recommendation. I also wonder what everyone thinks about resealing. Oh, and I need a tweeter so if anyone has a working one to spare, please let me know. In the meantime I will try to repair it if I can.

BTW- Ohms test on all drivers accept the one tweet read 4.1

Thanks to all

IMG_3633.JPG

IMG_3631.JPG

IMG_3619.JPG

IMG_3620.JPG

Hi TSJ and welcome!

The Model 23 is a really nice speaker. Congrats on starting with a good one!

The KLH speakers of that era shared drivers. There's an "Index of Classic KLH Products" here: http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/library/klh/  but it's not 100% accurate and unfortunately it does not show which tweeter was used in the 23 ?

Generally speaking, if a KLH tweeter looks like yours and is the same size, it's probably right. I'm sure a tweet from a 20 or 17 will work. None on ebay today but they are pretty common and typically sell for $20 - $35 each. Check out Roy's comments here: 

-Kent

Looks like a wire may have sizzled, but I don't know what I'm looking at. There are 4 wire in tact and what looks to be a burn mark on the rim and a line in the glue where there may or may not have been a wire.

IMG_3646.JPG

IMG_3647.JPG

IMG_3648.JPG

IMG_3649.JPG

One of the wires was loose and when touched, the driver worked, but the wire is not attached at the center connection point.

How can this be repaired? 

How can this be repaired by a very crafty and persistent rookie?

Archived