Completed: AR tweeter rebuilds for 2AX mids and woofers

Chris1this1

Thank you to anyone who checked this thread out. I found a set of drivers so please disregard. 

I recently picked up a pair of late model AR2ax, requiring the smaller frame foam surround woofers, but no original drivers in the units. Looking to get these back to original. I have tweeters but need the mids and woofers, any condition cincidered. 

I would like to trade a rebuild service for a pair of tweeters (AR3a or AR2ax style) which I normally charge $70 each, for these components. 

Thanks!

Chris,You recently repaired my 2ax tweeter.Thanks,it works great.That same speaker fell from its perch.Now the bass driver buzzes,or barely works.So,I am also in need of a woofer.If you come across more than you need,give them my contact imfo.If you do,I will send you the blown speaker for shipping price.There are some on ebay,but they have been refoamed,and I am trying to stay original.Thanks,Rpb

On 4/24/2018 at 10:12 AM, Chris1this1 said:

I recently picked up a pair of late model AR2ax, requiring the smaller frame foam surround woofers, but no original drivers in the units. Looking to get these back to original. I have tweeters but need the mids and woofers, any condition cincidered. 

I would like to trade a rebuild service for a pair of tweeters (AR3a or AR2ax style) which I normally charge $70 each, for these components. 

Thanks!

Hi Chris,

I know you are working on a bunch of tweeters for Larry/Vintage AR. (I have a couple of them in that batch as well.) I just re-foamed a beautiful AR-2ax woofer with a 12/9/72 manufacture date for him. He will have it on Tuesday (5/1). Send him an email to discuss...

Roy

Archived