2ax L-pad check ? please

Mike-k

Hello, I'm wondering if I have the wiring correct, before I close this one up? it's the first time I've  replaced pots with Lpads  and put in the resistor.    IMG_1058.JPG.ca5f8184099385cf4b14baa741dc8d65.JPG

I know a lot has been written recently on the 2ax's lately ....But, better safe than sorry ~ Honest criticism is welcomed , Mike    

Looks good to me if:

1. the right pot is the tweeter control

2. the yellow wire on the right pot, middle terminal, goes to the tweeter

3. the skinny black wire on the right pot, left terminal, goes to the tweeter

4. the left pot is the mid control

5. the skinny yellow wire joined to the thick yellow wire attached to the middle terminal of the left pot goes to the mid speaker

6. the green wire from the left pot, left terminal, goes to the mid speaker

Kent and Thorne , Thanks for the reply and confirmation. Im hoping I wont have to open these baby's  up for awhile,, being I use the 

3M-Strip Calk for the  seal , ,it works good, but a mess if you have to get back in~ 

Thanks again,Mike

Mike - I use that caulking too.  It is a nuisance to remove the caulking. I use a wood chisel to get into the cracks between the woofer and surrounding wood enclosure. The chisel helps to remove the caulk and to pry the speaker away from the enclosure. I'm very careful not to apply too much pressure that it damages the enclosure.  Usually takes me about 20 minutes using that method.  Thorne

Archived