FOAM SURROUNDS

ITCHIJO

AGAIN GENTLEMAN, I THANK YOU!!! NEXT QUESTION, PLEASE??? OF THE EXPERIENCE OF ALL WHOM HAVE IN THE PAST DONE MULTIPLE REFOAM APPLICATIONS, WHICH KIT STANDS ABOVE ALL THE REST??? AND ARE THERE ANY KITS THAT MIGHT JUST HAPPEN TO OFFER A WARRANTY ON THEIR PRODUCTS??? THANKS!!!

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2017 at 3:49 PM, Doug G. said:

I have gotten surrounds from Rick Cobb for quite a while now. Google his name and you will find his contact information.

Doug

It looks like his ebay store is gone, at least temporarily anyway. I was able to find Rick’s email address and am awaiting a response but would be interested in knowing if anyone besides Rick sells the “correct “ foam surrounds for new large advents. I’ve read many comments about people selling the “wrong” ones.

GENTLEMAN: HERE IS A FIND THAT JUST MIGHT BE WORTH DOING YOUR HOMEWORK ON. THE WEBSITE IS: picclick.com JUST TRIPPED OVER THIS IN MY SEARCH FOR ANY USA MADE FOAM SURROUNDS FOR THE ADVENT SPEAKERS. RUN WITH THIS INFORMATION AND DO YOUR HOMEWORK WITH IN-DEPTH DILIGENCE. AND PRAYERFULLY THIS COULD BE A RELIABLE SOURCE UNTIL"RICK COBB" IS BACK ON THE BLOCK!!! PLEASE ASAP RESPOND WITH YOUR EXPERIENCE IF YOU CHOOSE TO GO THIS ROUTE. THANKS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!

Rick responded to my email inquiry and I’ll be purchasing a set from him for my NLA’s after Christmas when he’s back in town. I’ve read in many threads that he is a trusted source for the “correct” surrounds for OLA and NLA speakers. It’s unfortunate that there are so many “incorrect” surrounds being marketed and sold for these speakers. Not that they won’t fit, but the fact that they don’t match the specs of the originals. It would be great to have several well known sources for the good ones!

Archived