Help me identify this speaker

Analogean

Hello, picked up a 12" woofer today. Looks like it could be a guitar speaker, maybe celestion. Only identifying element is the # on the chassis, KM22  T2975, and a number on the cone, 2877. The magnet is very heavy with a vent in the middle and three machined craters.  Also on the rim is stamped "made in England". I would like to find out what the specs are for this beast and maybe use it in a guitar box. Thanks...

image.jpg

image.jpg

So, I did some more digging, according to the bygonetones website, which has some very useful reference lists, the T2975 is a Celestion 8 Ohm G12-125 which has 125 watts power and was used in the Marshall 2150 combo. The date is determined by the KM22 stamp which stands for K=October, M=1979, and 22 is the 22nd of the month. I still have not found any info on the 2877 cone code, and most celestion cones are ribbed. Also the circular stamp with the C in it is unusual, but might stand for cloth treated surrounds. I have sent an email to bygone tones and hope to get some clarification.

Archived