Alessandro

Dear All,

Today I found on a sales listing of a couple of new woofer for AR 6 and attaching photos . I ask for help because the codes are not 200,001 but those visible in the images , and also the shape of the magnet is round instead of square . Would you be able to confirm that these are the latest evolution of the woofer for AR 6 ? Thanks in advance.

Regards

Alessandro Catalano

Woofer 001.jpg

Woofer 002.jpg

Although I am familiar with the AR-6, I've never seen that woofer in that particular speaker model. However, I suspect you may be correct in your analysis, since I have a pair of AR-7's that have these authorized replacements woofers in them (made by Tonegen). You can see that these woofers have stickers and stamps identifying them as both the 037 woofer (like yours) as well as the 001 number. The front of mine look just like yours, too, so I suspect this woofer became the all-purpose "universal" replacement driver for all 8" foam woofers at some point in the 70's. Not sure what the 0435 is on your woofer stamp, but the 1210037 is identical to mine. Although I prefer the earlier original woofers (square magnet, flat dust cap, etc.), I am unable to detect any performance deficiencies in my pair of AR-7's using this woofer.    

woofers rear.jpg

I see that your 037 woofers are from '82, while this pair that I have is from '83. Not exactly sure what the dates of the Tonegen replacements are - - my thought about the '70's timeframe is just a guesstimate.  

200037.jpg

Archived