Poll Question

ninohernes

If you are interested in attending an AR's 50th get-together, reply to this post. Also, tell what state you are from, so that we can determine a good "central" meeting place. This get-together would be a great way to celebrate (and listen to) the speakers we love, and finaly meet each other.

I think the Boston area makes the most sense, it's the home of AR and New Engand's population density is among the greatest as far as drawing people. You would also be able to track down AR employies who could share much information. If the right promotion were done, it would be amazing who might come out of the wood work!

Agreed, Boston is the center of the universe. I mean, a good place to hold the event. ;)

I may be moving back to Boston in time for the event. Even if I don't move in time, I would fly out from California to be there.

I can try and coerce Ken onto a plane with me out here .. before he knows it, we'll be at Logan.

Mark

Who would be sponsoring this and what are the reasons that such an event is taking place? Unless Audiovox intends to do launch a major campaign to make AR a household name again, i can't see this being financially feasible for anybody else to take on. Sean

>

>we'll be at Logan.<

I agree that Boston would be the natural place for us to gather.

I was thinking I could stick a pair of 90s, 9s, and maybe two sets of 10pi's (one with replaced caps, one without)in the back of my van and drive to the gathering with my "'sperimentin'" buddy.

Boston is so far from here I'd be soarly (pun intended) tempted to fly. I don't think the 9s would fit in the overhead bin or fully underneath the seat in front of me, though. And they've gotten weird about the weight restrictions on each piece of luggage, so I don't think an enourmous duffle would work either.

Imagine getting those through security; "Would you please remove your drivers and step back through the metal detector?"

On the other hand, security takes so long these days that I might could drive it in about the same amount of time.

I might be able to stick a 17 in each pocket, though.

If you stick Ken on a plane be sure to make him put MGC-1s in his shaving kit.

Bret

>

>Boston is so far from here I'd be soarly (pun intended)

>tempted to fly. I don't think the 9s would fit in the

>overhead bin or fully underneath the seat in front of me,

>though. And they've gotten weird about the weight

>restrictions on each piece of luggage, so I don't think an

>enourmous duffle would work either.

Well, let's say hypothetically you were able, in spite of hell, to get a pair of AR-9s through the metal detectors and check-in okay -- with some considerable effort -- having arrived many hours earlier. Since they weigh in at about 130 lbs. each, you are required to purchase a separate ticket for each speaker, so that each 9 gets its own seat (not to mention your AR-90s and AR-10Pis, etc). It's going to cost you a pretty penny, but it will be definitely be worth it because all the AR afficionados will be anxiously awaiting your arrival so you can join them with bragging rights at the AR 50th Birthday cocktail party.

The big transport clears the runway, things look good but almost immediately it begins to turn in circles, never heading in a straight line. The captain reports over the PA that everything's fine, but that he is heading back to the airport since the aircraft's compass is pointing due south all the time, right at Bret's seat.

--Tom Tyson

>

>Well, let's say hypothetically you were able, in spite of

>hell, to get a pair of AR-9s through the metal detectors and

>check-in okay -- with some considerable effort -- having

>arrived many hours earlier. Since they weigh in at about 130

>lbs. each, you are required to purchase a separate ticket for

>each speaker, so that each 9 gets its own seat (not to mention

>your AR-90s and AR-10Pis, etc). It's going to cost you a

>pretty penny, but it will be definitely be worth it because

>all the AR afficionados will be anxiously awaiting your

>arrival so you can join them with bragging rights at the AR

>50th Birthday cocktail party.

>

>The big transport clears the runway, things look good but

>almost immediately it begins to turn in circles, never heading

>in a straight line. The captain reports over the PA that

>everything's fine, but that he is heading back to the airport

>since the aircraft's compass is pointing due south all the

>time, right at Bret's seat.

>

That didn't sound exactly right. Let me add, "right in the direction of Bret's AR-9's seats."

>--Tom Tyson

>That didn't sound exactly right. Let me add, "right in the direction of Bret's AR-9's seats."<

Yes, thank you for clarifying that. Compasses point at magnets. You had them confused with something that points at mass.

But then, it's fairly uncomfortable to have anything pointing at your seat, no matter what it's detecting.

Bret

Archived