Custom T830's

Banzai63

I'm new to the forum and wanted to say hello and to find out if anyone else has experimented with these speakers. 

I have customized a pair of T830's by way of porting the cabinet and going to a smaller 6 1/2" woofer to reduce over emphasis of the lower frequencies.   I tuned the cabinet to approx. 35htz via a 1.75" x 4" port and made a custom front baffle to mount the drivers.  

I have to say that I am extremely happy with the result.  There is a huge improvement in bass extension. 

20160306_131709.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Looks nice!  Do you have measurements?  I do not notice overemphasis of low frequencies with the standard 8" driver and acoustic suspension enclosure.  On the contrary, bass is tight and accurate but not particularly deep, which I remedied with a Definitive Technology ProSub 200TL...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure what you are saying. Is it that keeping the 8" woofer AND posting the cabinet would have resulted too much of a gain in bass? Did you have to go to a stiffer woofer or mod the crossover? Pretty neat how you preserved the grill clips.

Archived