Tom, I need a caption

Guest Bret

Thought I'd see if Mark wanted some images. I've got front and back shots of a yellow 200010-1 and a pink 200010-1. I went back and read your post about "AR 11 Midrange" again and think I understand which came first.

I was thinking something like "'75-78/10,11,12" and then "'78-80 / 10,11,12" etc. What's your opinion of the desirability of clogging-up the server with driver images? Think it would do anyone any good?

If it would the 200029 you have and the 200029-1 shot I've got are another "similar/same number, different look" pair.

I'll link one here so you can see what I've got pre-caption.

And anyone else reading along, do you think the images are any use?

They would have helped me recognize the TROUBLESHOOTER's 10pi drivers as being original to the cabinet, and that's what brought this on.

Bret

>Thought I'd see if Mark wanted some images. I've got front

>and back shots of a yellow 200010-1 and a pink 200010-1. I

>went back and read your post about "AR 11 Midrange" again and

>think I understand which came first.

>

>I was thinking something like "'75-78/10,11,12" and then

>"'78-80 / 10,11,12" etc. What's your opinion of the

>desirability of clogging-up the server with driver images?

>Think it would do anyone any good?

>

>If it would the 200029 you have and the 200029-1 shot I've got

>are another "similar/same number, different look" pair.

>

>I'll link one here so you can see what I've got pre-caption.

>

>And anyone else reading along, do you think the images are any

>use?

>

>They would have helped me recognize the TROUBLESHOOTER's 10pi

>drivers as being original to the cabinet, and that's what

>brought this on.

>

>Bret

Bret, I was not sure if you were asking me or Mark about the images. As far as I am concerned, I think having images of the drivers with the proper numbers and descriptions would definitely be helpful. In this instance, the 4-ohm AR-3a/LST/10Pi/11 1-1/2-inch midrange had many interations, yet each driver was basically the same, electrically. For example, the first 1-1/2-inch dome midrange used in the AR-3a was part number 4500-1. This was the front-wired version with the black screen slightly above the level of the top plate (i.e., not recessed). By the time this driver made it to the AR-10Pi and AR-11 (first series) in 1975, the part number was 200010-1, and the driver was back-wired and had the recessed black screen. The first ones were a yellow fiberglass. By 1980 or so the numbers went to 7 digits, and the new part number for the 1-1/2-inch dome driver was 1200010-1, and the fiberglass color changed to pink and the recessed screen was painted silver.

--Tom Tyson

Archived