Time line error

I've recently immersed myself into this site and ran across a small but significant error in the speaker history time line. The AR-11 is listed as being introduced in 1977 and discontinued in 1979. Not correct. I was retailing them in 1976 in a military outlet in Europe. Could it be that the hugh overseas

military market had first crack at them? Every guy in the military dropped at least $1200-1500 (mid 70s dollars mind you) on a system of one sort or another. Auditioned a pair of 11s, a pair of Gales from England (also air suspended} and a pair of L-100s on a Dynaco ST-400 and Pat-5. All were priced competitively with one another and of similar design and size. Bought the 11s. Only $240 a pop by the way.

One more thing...............We were selling the 7s also though they are listed as being discontinued in 1974. Old surplus stock? Sold a ton of those as we would A-B them against all the large Japanese speakers. Jaws would drop

when customers saw its size and simple two way design. They could not believe what they just heard came out of that tiny box. Good times.

As Photoguy correctly states, the AR-11 was not introduced in 1977. The 10Pi, 11,and MST were introduced in March of 1975 as the first of the new Advanced Development Division (ADD) speakers.

The rest of the ADD/Truth in Listening line would follow in the next year or so, with the 12 replacing the 5/2ax, the 14 sort of replacing the 2x but really being an effort to combat the Large Advent, the 16 (followed quickly by the 15) replacing the 6, the 17 replacing the 4xa, and the 18 replacing the 7.

The AR-7 WAS a current model in 1974, since the 18 didn't come along until late 1975/early 1976.

I have not studied that timeline spreadsheet closely enough to note how accurate it is or isn't; I have my own records and archives and I go by them, since they have always been quite accurate.

Steve F.

Guest dogmeninreno

>As Photoguy correctly states, the AR-11 was not introduced in

>1977. The 10Pi, 11,and MST were introduced in March of 1975 as

>the first of the new Advanced Development Division (ADD)

>speakers.

>

>The rest of the ADD/Truth in Listening line would follow in

>the next year or so, with the 12 replacing the 5/2ax, the 14

>sort of replacing the 2x but really being an effort to combat

>the Large Advent, the 16 (followed quickly by the 15)

>replacing the 6, the 17 replacing the 4xa, and the 18

>replacing the 7.

>

>The AR-7 WAS a current model in 1974, since the 18 didn't come

>along until late 1975/early 1976.

>

>I have not studied that timeline spreadsheet closely enough to

>note how accurate it is or isn't; I have my own records and

>archives and I go by them, since they have always been quite

>accurate.

>Stephen, Would you consider sharing your timeline with us? Regards, Dale in Reno.....

>Steve F.

Archived