Need inductors for my Polk M10B's

I finished changing out the cap and resistors in the two Polks. One of the Polks worked and the other did not. The working one sounds much better after the refurbishment. The non functional speaker is a different story only the tweeter worked the two 6 1/2 inch drivers did not. I discovered the 34uF cap had over heated and all but exploded. When I finished replacing everything I hooked it up and the twin drivers still didn't work. I discovered the 1.55mH inductor had failed. I pinched this photo from the Polk Audio forum, the inductor in question is the wire you see rapped around the black plastic below the circuit board. I can get a 1.50mH inductor to replace it. I was looking at the Alpha-Core Inductors at Sonicap they stock a 1,50mH coil which will nicely fit in the space below the circuit board, The 16 gauge coil is 2.85 inches in diameter and the 14 gauge inductor 3.0 inches in diameter, both are 1.42 inches thick. The 16 gauge is $27.24, and the 14 gauge is $37.26, and 12 gauge for $61.10 I was looking at Parts Express and they are more expensive for what they have then Sonicap.

I am puzzled if this inductor failed and the 34uf cap let loose why weren't the two 6 1/2 drivers destroyed as well. Take a look at the schematic below

P.S. turns out the drivers where blasted. Nothing wrong with the inductor, bad leads on my digital VOM. My 50 year old Simpson analog VOM scoped it out at last.

I should listen to my many decades long instincts when it come to electronics. I kept looking at the schematic and the rather heavy duty copper wire on the 1.55 mH inductor my brain kept telling me if this inductor is somehow roasted, and there was enough evil to pop an electrolytic capacitor why where the 6.5 in drivers in the circuit not roasted as well. Well there is.nothing is wrong with the inductor it took a 50 year old Simpson analog VOM to tell me this. The speakers are indeed roasted. The Tweeter escaped destruction because of the Polyswitch, it's capacitive coupling take your pick. Now off to the Polk forum to see about a pair of Polk MW 6503 speakers.

Archived