Looking for Advent A4 speakers specs

telefuusio

Hi

I bought A4 speakers from eBay and now I want to make whole new boxes for them. Before I can start designing new speaker boxes i need some specs. Can someone remember, because I already surffed trought whole internet and can' find anything about speakers :)

All I know that I have 13uF capacitors.

And now when I started asking.. I'm going put them in a box 19,5" x 13,2" x 13" (HxWxD) size, much smaller than original ones. Is it enough just adding "back hole" of 1" or 1,5"? Or is it better to put this reflex hole to front?

THANKS!

I will grand you with my pictures when project is finito

Actually, you don't want to attempt to make a reflex speaker out of the Advent woofer because it is designed for a sealed enclosure and will likely easily bottom out with a vented system.

The cone excursion is long but is also very compliant and is meant to be controlled by the trapped air in the enclosure. In a vented sytem, the cone will be relatively uncontrolled and will move too easily with AC signal.

If you put the Advent woofer into a smaller box like you intend, you will lose the low frequency extension for which Advents are famous.

Doug

Cool. Although the cabinet volume isn't totally critical in a sealed system for satisfactory low end extension, you usually have to have it at least as big as the original and make sure it is absolutely sealed with no leaks other than the controlled one around the VC.

Enjoy your creations.

Doug

• 1 month later...

Archived