Shielding speakers

ironlake

Ironlake have you tried the magnet test on your tv.Projection tv's shine light onto the back of the screen you look at.I don't think a magnet will affect the light.I gutted a 50" hitachi projection and when I pulled the speakers out they didn't have any shielding.The older picture tube tv's had an issue with magnets.I left a driver sitting beside my old color tv one night and when I turn the tv on the next day it look like the picture got pulled over to the magnet.It was funny once it had fixed itself but at the time I thought I'd ruined the tv for good.LOL

What I ment was that the way projection tv's work is by shining the picture on to the back of the screen with 3 colored lights.It's the same idea as a projector in a movie theatre.The projector projects the movie on to a white screen at the other end of the theatre with a light bulb.The projection tv does the same thing,only it does it from behind the white screen.

Have you tried putting the speakers beside the tv to see if it changes the picture.

Archived