Help with L810 High Fidelity Loudspeaker System

bushler

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I have owned my paid of ADS speakers for 27 years. Recently while listening to them I heard a crackling sound. I opened the grate and tapped on one of the woofers, and it sounded like it wanted to break. I took the speaker out to get a model number to see if I could get a replacement. On the back of the speaker there is ADS 206-332. I do not find anything on that online unless I am looking in the wrong place. Is there a way to get a replacement speaker? The speaker flange is not circular so that could be a problem.

Can anyone help with this issue as I am willing to fix for the right price.

Thanks,

Brian

You're not likely to find a replacement and will probably have more luck getting your speaker repaired. Inquire locally, or check the archives here for suitable repair facilities.

• 1 month later...

Of course, I'd also have a seach ongoing on eBay. Something like "ADS 810 drivers." I have done some (refinishing) work for someone who had a lot of ADS speakers around with this or that driver missing. The two pairs of 810s he had were functional. But there have to be some 810 woofers out there somewhere, gathering dust in cabinets with harvested midranges or blown tweeters.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived