DLK 1 1/2 (DLK 1.5) speakers

Just picked up this pair... They look awesome. I have been reading on AudioKarma for a few hours all of the DLK threads. I am going to fire these up tonight and try them out... but I could not resist posting some initial pics. One is missing the tweeter grill and 5 out of the 6 drivers are poked in but look un-pokeable. Can you guess which one is NOT poked in?

Does anyone have any other info on these? Manuals / paperwork / opinions? :)

2011-08-22_19-13-38_916.jpg

2011-08-22_11-50-25_850.jpg

2011-08-22_19-13-02_635.jpg

2011-08-22_19-12-34_481.jpg

Just picked up this pair... They look awesome. I have been reading on AudioKarma for a few hours all of the DLK threads. I am going to fire these up tonight and try them out... but I could not resist posting some initial pics. One is missing the tweeter grill and 5 out of the 6 drivers are poked in but look un-pokeable. Can you guess which one is NOT poked in?

Hi there

The dust domes of the woofers are more of a visible blemish than an audible problem from what I see.

I would not suggest removing the dents as more problems may arise.

The dust dome of the tweeter may have some audible issues if the voice coil is distorted.

Hi there

The dust domes of the woofers are more of a visible blemish than an audible problem from what I see.

I would not suggest removing the dents as more problems may arise.

The dust dome of the tweeter may have some audible issues if the voice coil is distorted.

Thanks for the reply. Fired them up last night and they sound pretty sweet. Thanks for the advice on the domes. I have been successful popping out domes on other speakers withough much trouble. is there something about these speakers that would make them less 'poppable'? Good call on the tweeter. sadly it is the worst pushed in of the bunch. I will have to give it another listen to check the status of the voice coil.

Overall they sounded pretty good once i got the tweeter level dialed in (using the POT on the back). At the start, they were very shrill sounding in the high end. By the time i had fiddled a bit they were sounding pretty nice. Though I noticed that the high end was not detailed as I had hoped. The bottom end was pretty nice. Especially compared to the Ditton 110's I have been listening to lately. I think these may be good candidates for a recap. Though I have read their crossover may be a bit complex.

Archived