New AR Graphic, New Forums ..

administrator

On the relaunched website I would like to replace the AR303 on the left with the best example of an AR-3 that we can find. I suspect this will be a picture from Tom's collection! ;)

Tom, if you are able to try and recreate the angle somewhat of the AR303 that is there now, I can downsize your image to 140x200 to display on the website.

I think it will be an interesting graphic (and an interesting commentary) for an AR-3 to be on the left and a 303 on the right.

Also, I just checked out the new machine I will be using for the discussion forums. The change could be made within the next 24 hours. Once it is made, I will post on the main page and disable these current forums to prevent confusion.

Check out how they will look here:

http://www.dcscripts.com/dc/dcboard.php

Mark

Thanks Tom! I'm excited about getting these upgrades done .. I'm trying to stay motivated today to make some progress.

On a totally unrelated note, I think I was just in the right place at the right time to get an underseat prototype on my bike. Check out these pictures:

http://www.bwracing.com/triumph03_body.html

The pictures are taken of a Triumph, but a different model. I'll know this next Saturday if everything goes well and I get it back. I heard it's about 10hp up on the dyno, I just don't have a map or anything definitive yet.

Mark

Maaaaark:

I know this may sound stupid, but why didn't you say you were a biker!!!!! What are you riding? T595 Daytona? I have a Eurobike undertail for mine, but a side exhaust. I like the look of the high pipe rather than the undertail exhaust, just me.

My login is pretty straightforward, in that I own a 1995 Ninja ZX-7. How many more of the guys on this site are bikers?? Lessee if my pic will fit:

Chris aka "Kaw"

Well, it's not popping up, Mark. Any ideas??

Yeah .. the attachment path is wrong somewhere in the code for the forums. I'll have to find it. :)

I used to have a '97 Daytona T595 with a nice Yoshimura pipe. I sold it this last year and picked up a '02 Daytona 955i CE. By far the sweetest bike I have been on, and most powerful. The looks I'm still not really used to though .. I think the '97 had a better body.

Mark

Mark, agreed on the looks of the 97. I called it the poor man's(not really that much cheaper) Ducati 916/996/998, etc. Looked just like it from a distance. Boy did Ducati ruin that look for '03!! Picasso runs the design department there apparently!

Chris

>Thanks Tom! I'm excited about getting these upgrades done ..

>I'm trying to stay motivated today to make some progress.

>

>On a totally unrelated note, I think I was just in the right

>place at the right time to get an underseat prototype on my

>bike. Check out these pictures:

>

>http://www.bwracing.com/triumph03_body.html

>

>The pictures are taken of a Triumph, but a different model.

>I'll know this next Saturday if everything goes well and I get

>it back. I heard it's about 10hp up on the dyno, I just don't

>have a map or anything definitive yet.

>

>Mark

>

Send me an E-mail to tyson_tom@msn.com with your mailing address. I think it might be better to send actual photos to you, as most of my image files are too large.

--Tom Tyson

Hey Tom, Chris:

I just put together a few pictures and MPEG's of my bike, I got it back today with the Black Widow installed. I am still waiting for a trim piece for the rear, and also did not remove the rear footpegs, so these aren't the pictures or movies I will be posting for the public.

Anyway, if you're curious .. the bike sounds mean and it rides mean. Goodbye Ducati's. ;)

The Zip file is @ 17meg.

http://www.arsenal.net/Black%20Widow.zip

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Nice, Mark, NICE!!!! I got some good stuff coming to ya this week from the Motorcycle Dealer show. Seems there is a bit of stuff available for the Triumphs, albeit mostly European companies, but if you want some trick stuff, it's there.

Ciao(as they say in Italy)

Chris

Archived