AR 2ax

troppo

I just picked up a pair of AR2ax and I am already baffeled. I'm not used to the 1,2, and T on the back. I'm used to (+)pos and (-)neg. So, how do I start with the first ear test, and how do I hook the speakers up? Obviousy, I need a lot of help. My last system were Large Advents, Phillips 312, Marantz, (I believe) power, Teac, and Sony. Currently I have a lot of new "stuff" but I want integrity. So, help please.

troppo

There should be a jumper wire between the 2 and T posts. Hook up the + to either 2 or T post. Hook up the - to the 1 post.

Fired 'em up with about 75RMS. It was like starting up an old Packard that had been sitting for years. In one speaker the bass was audable but had no punch, the other speaker seemed fine to me. Grills come off on Saturday, I,m pretty excited about all of this.

Troppo

The later iteration of these speakers had foam surrounds. If they're original, likely the foam is gone, which might explain your lack of punch. Driving the woofers without a good surround can hurt things...

Archived