AR 11 Driver replacement

JSB

Hi

It would appear the tweeters and mid range need to be replaced on my AR 11s. Any suggestions on how or where to obtain replacements would be appreciated. Appears these drivers are blown as i get no sound when they are tested.

JSB

Hi

It would appear the tweeters and mid range need to be replaced on my AR 11s. Any suggestions on how or where to obtain replacements would be appreciated. Appears these drivers are blown as i get no sound when they are tested.

JSB

You should measure them with an OHM meter to test for an open circuit. I don't know what the resistance is for your speakers.......probably 4 or 8 OHMS. If they are bad they will probably show an open circuit. OC on my OHM meter. Good luck.

Hi

JSB

The ABTech tweeter sounds fine in the AR 11.I ran mine for years like that after an "accident".I'm back to originals now just because I was lucky. Don't know anything about the ABTech mids but AR3a units are the same as the originals.The big advantage is the three position switch on the back,gives you lots of control.AR 11s are fine speakers.

Mike.

Hi

JSB

I have a pair of new old stock Acoustic Research midranges for Cello Amati, original Cello Stradivari Grand Master and Stradivari Master speakers. They can also be used for "back wired" AR-3a or AR-LST, AR-11, AR-10Pi as well as substitute for the AR9 and AR-9LSi series speakers but must be used in pair. These midrange drivers are very rare to come by so stock them for spare while you can.

They have the same specification as the model with metal mesh and fiber glass filter installed. Mark Levinson felt this midrange sound more transparent without the metal mesh and fiber glass assembly so he ordered these midranges without them from AR for his later version of Cello Amati, Cello Strad Grand Master and Cello Strad Master speakers.

I sold a pair of these midranges to another AR-11 owner recently and this is my eBay feedback:

Excellent seller , speakers NEW as described and sound clear and nice , thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200580330576

Minh Luong

mluong303@aol.com

post-101112-0-18781100-1301911131_thumb.

Hi Minh

Have you got these currently for sale?

John

I have a pair of new old stock Acoustic Research midranges for Cello Amati, original Cello Stradivari Grand Master and Stradivari Master speakers. They can also be used for "back wired" AR-3a or AR-LST, AR-11, AR-10Pi as well as substitute for the AR9 and AR-9LSi series speakers but must be used in pair. These midrange drivers are very rare to come by so stock them for spare while you can.

They have the same specification as the model with metal mesh and fiber glass filter installed. Mark Levinson felt this midrange sound more transparent without the metal mesh and fiber glass assembly so he ordered these midranges without them from AR for his later version of Cello Amati, Cello Strad Grand Master and Cello Strad Master speakers.

I sold a pair of these midranges to another AR-11 owner recently and this is my eBay feedback:

Excellent seller , speakers NEW as described and sound clear and nice , thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200580330576

Minh Luong

mluong303@aol.com

Hi Minh

Have you got these currently for sale?

John

Hi John

I have these spare midranges for my collection a while back and let go to others who need them to get their beloved AR speakers singing again. They are all discontinued and getting hard to locate as new old stocks. These are the last batch Mark Levinson ordered from AR right after the AR Limited midranges being ordered. Beyond these Mark go for Dynaudio drivers and AR-3a midrange pretty much stop production at that point.

Minh Luong

Archived