AR302T vs. AR303

gary_wong5

I have the chance to own a pair of nice looking cherry vinyl floor-stander AR-302T soon. My *silly* question is that, as the frequency response is the same as AR-303 (compared both brochures), are both of them sound identical? I have no chance to hear neither AR3a nor AR303 here. Thank you for your input in advance.

Hi Mark

I know where the "C" comes from after pushing my half dead brain to work again...! The "C" stands for Custom and whoever copied my picture might have sent it to you and called it AR302-T/C! I did the upgrade of my AR-302T speakers with AR-303A crossovers and center braced them internally since the elongated cabinet is simply too boomy without the center braced which the manufacturer chose to ignore to save money and time!!!

Hope my explanation clear the confusion and you can leave the "/C" out from this point on...

To me, misleading information is always worst than no information at all!

Minh Luong

Hi Minh Luong,

I heard the AR302T driven by Krell KSL-2 / KSA 150 pre/power combination. They sound very accurate and neutral, not boomy. The speakers are all original and intact.

Hi Minh Luong,

I heard the AR302T driven by Krell KSL-2 / KSA 150 pre/power combination. They sound very accurate and neutral, not boomy. The speakers are all original and intact.

Hi Gary_Wong5

The reason I didn't reply your post was I want to wait until you get your AR-302T in your listening space and hook up with what you have and tell us what you think.

Krell KSL-2 / KSA 150 are very nice set up and will drive any AR speakers including the original AR9 with great result. I am happy for you that you feel the AR-302T sound solid and up to your expectation as is so enjoy the music. I have nothing to add or explain at this point!

Minh Luong

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, I got the AR302T sitting in my living room. B)

My 50 Watt/channel Sansui AU-999 can drive them effortlessly; accurate, details, fast and punchy and wide sound staging. I think 303 Series is much more listenable than the Classic Series. Minh Luong, do you agree on this point?

Yes they will sound a bit dull and *boomy* when driven by NVA AP-50. So, system matching is important.

• 4 months later...

I must revised my previous post regarding NVA AP-50 amplification. Recently, after changing to moster-looking old Tascam studio cdp, the AR-302Ts' becomes alive, full of depth and details, no boomy bass at all. *Simple design* NVA amplifier with good source can drive AR speakers with simply good result. :)

Archived