Getting this site more publicity ..

administrator

This site (http://www.arsenal.net/speakers) has finally started showing up on search engines, so hopefully traffic will really start to pick up. On the old site which I stopped updating a few years back, there would be up to 5,000 visitors a month.

I could still use help however .. if you visit other audio websites, see if they will link to this site in return for a link in my links area to them.

thanks!

Mark

I have been plugging the site quite a bit at a bunch of different forums. I do think it would help if there was not such a long wait between questions and comments/ answers. Is there anything you can do to speed up posts for faster replys?

• 1 month later...
Guest rickcee

HI A SMALL POINT... WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN

POSTING ON YOUR SITE SCANNED MAGAZINE REVIEWS OF VARIOUS SPEAKERS ? I DO NOT HAVE A

SCANNER BUT CAN MAIL YOU A FEW XEROX COPIES -

AS CLEAR AS POSSIBLE - OF AR3A, AR5 AR2A , AR 6 &

AR 8 SPKS. (ALL EARLY '70 'S PLUS ORIG. ADVENT, THE DYNA A 25, AND A COUPLE JBL 'S . . . ALL HIGH FIDELITY MAG. - KIND OF BLAND REVIEWS, BUT O.K.

ALSO, I THINK HIGH FID. WENT OUT OF BUSINESS IN THE LATE '80'S SO THERE SHOULD BE NO LEGAL

MUMBLE JUMBLE ?? LET ME KNOW IF YOU"R E INTER-

ESTED (MAIL OF COPIES ) PS NO $.

RICK RICKCEE@MAC.COM CENTRAL JERSEY

M

I would definitely be interested in getting magazine reviews from the 60's/70's/80's online here .. I've already gotten reprint permission for some of the articles you'll see in the AR section, so I should be able to get reprint permission for the ones you have as well.

Send me an email and I'll forward you the address to send the article copies ..

Thanks for your help!!

Mark

• 11 months later...

I think you could probably suspend such close moderation without much of a problem. Another forum I frequent, Vintage Asylum, posts immediately, monitoring as soon as they can get to it. It's much busier than this site, but I've rarely seen anything get out of hand to the point that the moderator had to step in to elininate a post. Most people who cruise these sites aren't usually contentious, and even heated disagreements rarely get to the point of offending anyone. Even on the remote chance someone does go too far, you can always catch it later..... Nowadays, what could one possibly say on an audio forum to so offend people that they would forego the convenience of immediate posting to avoid any possibility of such happening?

Just my opinion.

I wasn't going to get into this unless someone brought it up .. so, here goes.

Some of the posts I've had to delete are really idiotic. Granted, most of those came from a select few individuals. I locked out those accounts, and will lockout any future accounts that engage in personal attacks.

I run this website as a hobby out of my own pocket. I've (unfortunately) never had any income come in from the few banners I have online. I'm not interested in moderating flame wars after the fact as part of my hobby.

So .. thanks to a few assholes, I'm going to continue to moderate all posting here.

Mark

>I think you could probably suspend

>such close moderation without much

>of a problem. Another forum

>I frequent, Vintage Asylum, posts

>immediately, monitoring as soon as

>they can get to it.

>It's much busier than this

>site, but I've rarely seen

>anything get out of hand

>to the point that the

>moderator had to step in

>to elininate a post. Most

>people who cruise these sites

>aren't usually contentious, and even

>heated disagreements rarely get to

>the point of offending anyone.

>Even on the remote chance

>someone does go too far,

>you can always catch it

>later..... Nowadays, what could one

>possibly say on an audio

>forum to so offend people

>that they would forego the

>convenience of immediate posting to

>avoid any possibility of such

>happening?

>Just my opinion.

I understand your position..... better to err on the side of civility and control. By the way, you're doing a good job with this site. Audio enthusiasts are lucky to have guys like you, interested enough in the essential exchange of information that fuels the hobby to put the time and effort into running a site like this. If I could suggest anything, it would be the addition of reprinted reviews from past audiophile publications.

Thanks for the support! My day job keeps me extremely busy, so I am not able to spend much time on the site. The majority of my oversight is in the discussion forums ..

Regarding the reprints .. I would love to have them online, and I have a decent collection in hard copy. I approached the subject with the current copyright holders however, and they required substantial royalty payments .. even for articles from the 50's on a hobbyist website!

Mark

Archived