Link to the 1956 Audio League Report

Carlspeak

I've done a search here and couldn't find a scan of the document or a link to it.

The document has both subjective and objective measurements. Julian Hersch was one of the reviewers who comprosed the Audio League in 1956.

Scroll down a bit to find the document write up and the links to individual pages.

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/hug/mess.../14/144808.html

I've done a search here and couldn't find a scan of the document or a link to it.

The document has both subjective and objective measurements. Julian Hersch was one of the reviewers who comprosed the Audio League in 1956.

Scroll down a bit to find the document write up and the links to individual pages.

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/hug/mess.../14/144808.html

Ah, the good old days of 8" tweeters, slightly-above-ground-plane measurements, reviewers that couldn't be bought, and speaker cables that you could twist around a #6 screw. Surely the Golden Age of high fidelity.

Thanks for this link. Fun reading.

-k

I believe CSP site administration is planning to add the article to the library at some point in the future. It will certainly be a worthwhile addition to the Acoustic Research artifacts already on file there.

BTW Ken, some of those AR drawings have been of great help to me doing restorations and upgrades. THANKS!

This makes for great reading. You have to wonder if the critical comments on the Western Electric "tweeter" got Edgar Vilchur working on the dome mid and tweeter.

I also liked the comments on the other speakers at the audio fair. Thumbs up for Bozak and Brociner, thumbs down for the JBL Hartsfield (another icon falls). And exhibitors were playing too loud! Horrors!

David

I've made a text-searchable PDF of this document and posted it to the "AR-1 Information" thread in the Library Additions and Corrections forum. I've also posted some additional AR-1 materials there.

Archived