Subwoofer-Model Unknown

rene

Hello everyone,

I've read postings here for a while but this is my own first post.

I picked up a decent-sized subwoofer yesterday at the thrift shop; it's also very heavy. It works and sounds fine but I would like to find some more information about it. I've looked at all the AR info in the Library here, as well as some googling, but I've yet to find anything definitive. The subwoofer is powered, and has no model number designation, but, on the back plate it does say this:

P/N 2-62-001-1

The driver is about 10''

There are some pictures attached (if I did that correctly...)

TIA

post-104472-1273776814.jpg

post-104472-1273776893.jpg

post-104472-1273777081.jpg

post-104472-1273777114.jpg

Hello everyone,

I've read postings here for a while but this is my own first post.

I picked up a decent-sized subwoofer yesterday at the thrift shop; it's also very heavy. It works and sounds fine but I would like to find some more information about it. I've looked at all the AR info in the Library here, as well as some googling, but I've yet to find anything definitive. The subwoofer is powered, and has no model number designation, but, on the back plate it does say this:

P/N 2-62-001-1

The driver is about 10''

There are some pictures attached (if I did that correctly...)

TIA

The grille has the same cut right corner design and the same logo as the 303-series speakers, so I would guess that this sub is from around that same time period--perhaps mid/late 90's. A powered sub was not part of the original 303-302-338 etc. speaker line, so this probably came just a bit later.

Steve F.

The grille has the same cut right corner design and the same logo as the 303-series speakers, so I would guess that this sub is from around that same time period--perhaps mid/late 90's. A powered sub was not part of the original 303-302-338 etc. speaker line, so this probably came just a bit later.

There was a subwoofer in the 303/303a series that used the same 12" woofer as the 303/303a.

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/library...eries_brochure/

Thank you very much, folks!

Indeed it does seem to be the SW30. So far it seems to work well and I like it's effect on my system. I've another subwoofer - the Spica Servowoofer matched with my Spica TC-50s. This AR fills in some of the bottom that the Spicas are missing.

Archived