Ar5's tweeter replacement help

Gljesha

Hi everybody, :)

Some time ago I bought a pair of AR5's speakers in not very good shape, tweeters on them are in bad shape and sound become distorted

when I put a little loud volume on amplifier...

In meantime I found a par of AR915 tweaters and I think they can be put instead those on AR5... can anybody confirm that?

They are 4ohm ant those from AR5 are 8ohm...

What should I do to crossover on ar5 or to tweeter, to put that 4 ohm tweeters on AR5 ?

Thanks

Greeting from Balkans!!! :P

Hi everybody, :)

Some time ago I bought a pair of AR5's speakers in not very good shape, tweeters on them are in bad shape and sound become distorted

when I put a little loud volume on amplifier...

In meantime I found a par of AR915 tweaters and I think they can be put instead those on AR5... can anybody confirm that?

They are 4ohm ant those from AR5 are 8ohm...

What should I do to crossover on ar5 or to tweeter, to put that 4 ohm tweeters on AR5 ?

Thanks

Greeting from Balkans!!! :P

I would try a small .15mh inductor in parallel across the terminals of the AR915, as it has much more output than your original tweeters.

It is not typically used as an AR-5 era tweeter replacement, but I believe it is similar to the AR-11 (4 ohm) and AR-12 (8 ohm) tweeters.

Another option is to try to find some AR-2ax tweeters. They are the same as those found in the AR-5, and much easier to find in the used market...hmmm, but maybe not so easy to find in your area of the planet:-).

Roy

Archived