where to hook wires on rebuilt AR98LS speaker

Bill Tindall

This is my first visit here and frankly I am bewildered, so bear with me please. I am patient with new comers on the Woodworking Forum "WoodCentral" and hope for a return of the favor here.

I am installing rebuilt AR speakers in AR98 cabinets. During the rebuild one speaker terminal was painted red, the other left silver. I have cabinets with red/black and green white/ wires. I need to know what color wires go with what terminals(red, silver).

The terminals on the drivers marked red are the plus and, by default, the others are negative.

Refer to the AR98 schematic drawing located in the library section. The drawing shows which color wires connect to the pos and neg terminals on the drivers. It's way down the list of drawings. The file is a TIFF so, it may take a while to download so you can view and print it.

This is my first visit here and frankly I am bewildered, so bear with me please. I am patient with new comers on the Woodworking Forum "WoodCentral" and hope for a return of the favor here.

I am installing rebuilt AR speakers in AR98 cabinets. During the rebuild one speaker terminal was painted red, the other left silver. I have cabinets with red/black and green white/ wires. I need to know what color wires go with what terminals(red, silver).

I have converted the TIFF (from the library) to a pdf, with some notes.

This should be the one Carl is referring to in his post.

Hope this helps.

ar98ls_improved_schematic.pdf

Archived