FS: Infinity RS-5b loudspeaker

tvr2500m

On offer is a rarely seen model of the classic Infinity RS speaker line, the RS-5b. From the last years of what many Infinity speaker fans consider to be the classic Infinity, the RS-5b is still a very nice-sounding speaker. The RS-5b is a 3-way design using all proprietary Infinity-designed tweeter, midrange, and woofer drivers.

This pair of RS-5bs is in excellent electical condition. All the drivers appear and sound to be in excellent condition. The foam woofer surrounds are in excellent condition. I would be surprised that foam surrounds would have lasted this long in such good condition, so I'm presuming the had been replaced. If so, the work was/is excellent. The midrange and tweeter controls and pin jacks are all working perfectly.

The cosmetics of the oak-finished cabinets I conservatively rate a 6 out of 10. They're in very good condition with only minor cosmetic flaws - three of the top rear corners are lightly dented, one has a very light circular stain and a small piece of one of the radius ribs or flutes is broken near the bottom. Long edges and the front baffle and rear panel are all in excellent condition.

The grille frames and pegs are in excellent condition with the pegs securely holding the frames. The grille cloth appears to be the original brown and original fitment, and both Infinity grille badges are in place and in excellent condition. One of the grilles has had its badge placed at the wrong end of the frame (dunno how this happened; I didn't do it - really). Cloth condition is good/very good from the front. The cloth of one of the frames is a bit tatty at the bottom of the frame.

Serial numbers are: 362875 and 362880

Each speaker weighs about 35 lbs. I've taken quite a few pictures that I'd be happy to send. I would MUCH prefer a local pickup/sale, but...

So, let's talk about finding these excellent vintage Ininity RS-5bs a new, loving home. Asking $245.00, OBO.

Cheers,

- SJ

post-101273-1263923285.jpg

post-101273-1263923307.jpg

It would be a good idea to let us know where you are located. :-)

On offer is a rarely seen model of the classic Infinity RS speaker line, the RS-5b. From the last years of what many Infinity speaker fans consider to be the classic Infinity, the RS-5b is still a very nice-sounding speaker. The RS-5b is a 3-way design using all proprietary Infinity-designed tweeter, midrange, and woofer drivers.

This pair of RS-5bs is in excellent electical condition. All the drivers appear and sound to be in excellent condition. The foam woofer surrounds are in excellent condition. I would be surprised that foam surrounds would have lasted this long in such good condition, so I'm presuming the had been replaced. If so, the work was/is excellent. The midrange and tweeter controls and pin jacks are all working perfectly.

The cosmetics of the oak-finished cabinets I conservatively rate a 6 out of 10. They're in very good condition with only minor cosmetic flaws - three of the top rear corners are lightly dented, one has a very light circular stain and a small piece of one of the radius ribs or flutes is broken near the bottom. Long edges and the front baffle and rear panel are all in excellent condition.

The grille frames and pegs are in excellent condition with the pegs securely holding the frames. The grille cloth appears to be the original brown and original fitment, and both Infinity grille badges are in place and in excellent condition. One of the grilles has had its badge placed at the wrong end of the frame (dunno how this happened; I didn't do it - really). Cloth condition is good/very good from the front. The cloth of one of the frames is a bit tatty at the bottom of the frame.

Serial numbers are: 362875 and 362880

Each speaker weighs about 35 lbs. I've taken quite a few pictures that I'd be happy to send. I would MUCH prefer a local pickup/sale, but...

So, let's talk about finding these excellent vintage Ininity RS-5bs a new, loving home. Asking $245.00, OBO.

Cheers,

- SJ

Archived