Towards Objective Measurements of Sound

kkantor

Then you also missed the point on another thread where it was acknowledged that Nikon lenses which measured as well as far more expensive Leica lenses produced pictures that are just as sharp, contrasty, and undistorted. In that case, objective measurements are sufficiently developed and reflective of the salient aspects of performance to give predictable correlation with subjective results. The same cannot be said for audio equipment at the current state of the art of measurement.

Actually, the opposite point was being made. In spite of objective evidence of comparable performance, owners of the more expensive lens wanted to believe that there was an unquantifiable difference. The Leica lens owners are making the same claim that you are: that the industry is unable to determine whats important and how to measure it.

David

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your persistent use of personal rancor doesn't negate the fact that you are almost invariably wrong.

OK, I guess you are the arbiter of this. You know so much, in so many fields, you are the "real engineer," etc. So, I will walk in shame, with only the comfort that at least I tried to clearly state and defend my wrong positions, update them from time to time, discuss them with friends and colleagues, etc. You have my sympathies: always right, always the smartest, but nobody can understand what the heck you actually think, believe, know or have accomplished, even what your name is. It must be terrible to be so above us all, yet so unappreciated.

I try never to start with the rancor. But, I do respond in kind. It can be fun. Anyone masochistic enough to want to know the history of these kind of threads can read it. I suspect that an objective count will show nobody else around here even coming close to your record of tossing insults into otherwise peaceful threads. And, most interestingly, it would seem that many of your insults are invoked at those, myself included, trying to agree with you from time to time. For the last year+, I decided, as a rule, to never respond tour posts for exactly this reason. (Even so, you still toss gratuitous digs in, begging for a response.) It was a good rule, you are again demonstrating.

-k

I didn't expect much reaction to my original post on the subject. I thought it spoke for itself. What followed at the outset was a misunderstanding by KK of my point. What followed after that didn't contribute much of substance IMO.

Exactly what about your point did I misunderstand?

That's a pretty vague and convenient way to dismiss a specific list of issues I enumerated.

-k

Archived