Replacement tweeter for Red Box II

Guest simonjng

Guest simonjng

Hi all - I recently revived my AR Red Box II speakers from their moth-balled state here in the UK, only to discover that a rodent had chewed through one of the tweeters! The culprit has eaten most of the cone so I suspect it's a gonner...

Can anyone recommend a replacement (or even tell me the impedance etc. spec) that I can find or get shipped to the UK?

In case it's useful, the stamped text on the reverse of the tweeter is:

1210038-0B

901TNJ

Many thanks

Simon

Hi all - I recently revived my AR Red Box II speakers from their moth-balled state here in the UK, only to discover that a rodent had chewed through one of the tweeters!

I'm not familiar with "Red Box II." Either I just wasn't paying attention when AR was making them, or that's a non-US model name. The tweeter P/N you posted corresponds to several different models in what is referred to as the "post-classic" period, and service replacements are offered by ABTechservices in the US. AB's service tweeters for classic models are not terribly well-regarded here, but I've not heard any comments about how well their replacements for later models hold up compared to the originals.

Archived