Allison Three Finally in the House

Dave S.

I finally found a pair! Original boxes and paper work. Decent shape: Good grills, one small piece of veneer off of the bottom edge that is easily fixed and the ubiquitous plant ring; also esily fixed. These have Allison replacement woofers from 1991 and function and sound great. The only "issue" is their serial numbers are about 800 apart and one has terminals that accept bananas and the other terminals are the twist type. The mids and tweeters appear identical. The three's corner placement make them ideal for my room layout. I sold my One's because I didn't have the wall space to place them properly. I sold my AR's because I prefer the midrange and high frequency performance of the Allison's over the AR's.

It only took me about two years to find a pair and be lucky enough for the logistics to work out.

I finally found a pair! Original boxes and paper work. Decent shape: Good grills, one small piece of veneer off of the bottom edge that is easily fixed and the ubiquitous plant ring; also esily fixed. These have Allison replacement woofers from 1991 and function and sound great. The only "issue" is their serial numbers are about 800 apart and one has terminals that accept bananas and the other terminals are the twist type. The mids and tweeters appear identical. The three's corner placement make them ideal for my room layout. I sold my One's because I didn't have the wall space to place them properly. I sold my AR's because I prefer the midrange and high frequency performance of the Allison's over the AR's.

It only took me about two years to find a pair and be lucky enough for the logistics to work out.

Correction: The replacement woofers are from Allison in Kentucky, 2001 model year. I will post where they were sourced from when I get a chance.

Archived