KLH 6's Freshened Up

Shacky

Looks great - a lighter cloth is a much nicer look, giving some contrast between cabinet and grill. In my opinion, the Darker tan KLH cloth was drab. The dark brown used on model 23's, 26's & the small model 50's was worst of all, being downright depressing.

Andy,

I've grown very fond of these model 6's. When I first got them I must have had something wrong - reveresed wires or something. Cause these are great sounding speaker that I could be very happy with on the proverbial deserted island.

I had my recent AR 3a project in place. Going to have Carl redo my bothc job of removing the outer shim on 3a woofers so I put the AR's away and put these in place. They are not 3a's but have their own great qualities and have every right to stand next to the AR's in vintage speaker perfromance. They don't go as low as the AR's but the bass that's there is punchy, warm, and powerful.

Henry deserves a lot of credit for this accomplishment.

• 1 month later...

Several have suggested KLH 6 are great with tubes. They are outstanding with tubes! Just picked up restored Fisher console amp with NOS7591A's.

Hey Shacky, I know it's far after the original post but I'd sure like to know where you found that grill cloth......! Is it from the AR guy on E-Bay? Those Sixes look great though, I have a pair but haven't got around to getting them fixed up yet, a piece on one of the front corners broke off and I think my puppy found it and ate it before I noticed. The AR3a's are still one of the best speakers in my house and I just gave my second pair to my son who is in school to learn studio/audio engineering and he says when they are paired up with the modern studio recording gear they still shine brightly, I told him about the live vs. recorded test AR did in various venues and he wasn't real surprised that the test fooled so many people, he loves 'em. That Fisher amp you have is intriguing, I'll bet it sounds real nice, do you have any idea of the power output? Take care, Rob

• 3 months later...

Archived