Free pair of AR-3as (need some love) in Los Angeles

Guest tk73

I was given a pair of AR-3as from a friend moving to New York and a smaller apartment. He thought they needed only minor adjustment, but it turns out they need quite a bit more. New tweeters and some other stuff, so I was told by the people at Orange County Speakers.

I don't really want to make the investment.

Does anyone want them - for free? I'm in West Hollywood.

Let me know.

Tom

just to clarify - i think i wasn't specific enough - OC Speakers told me that quite a lot would need to be replaced before they were in good working order. I forget exactly the details - but basically the woofers lost most of their foam (or something - i'm not a techie), the tweeters needed replacement, and one of the speaker's connection was shorting out the amp the guy tested it with, and this would also need replacement. He said it might be upwards of $500 for them to fix it, and that they probably aren't worth it.

So basically, they are going to the trash, unless someone on this website wants to put in the time and money.

Thanks

Tom

I was given a pair of AR-3as from a friend moving to New York and a smaller apartment. He thought they needed only minor adjustment, but it turns out they need quite a bit more. New tweeters and some other stuff, so I was told by the people at Orange County Speakers.

What's the "other stuff?"

just to clarify - i think i wasn't specific enough - OC Speakers told me that quite a lot would need to be replaced before they were in good working order. I forget exactly the details - but basically the woofers lost most of their foam (or something - i'm not a techie), the tweeters needed replacement, and one of the speaker's connection was shorting out the amp the guy tested it with, and this would also need replacement. He said it might be upwards of $500 for them to fix it, and that they probably aren't worth it.

So basically, they are going to the trash, unless someone on this website wants to put in the time and money.

Tom, if you post them to your local Craigslist under "Free," you'll probably be rid of them by the weekend.

Archived