Any experience with later AR-Teledyne electronics?

genek

Has anybody tried any of AR's electronics from the later Teledyne years?

I don't know what period you refer to, but I have two sets from the 80'ies:

T-06 + A-06 + CD-06

T-06 + A-07 + CD-07

The A-07 (2x75w) is better (more powerful) than the A-06 (2x60W), both sounds excellent on not too current demanding speakers like the AR-3a. I use it with AR-6. The CD-06SE is supposed to be the best CD player, at least better than the CD-06, which is the one I have, a fact I only became aware of, after I bought mine. The CD-07 is fully and individually remote controlled.

There does not exist a T-07, the tuner has the remote control sensor, but use of remote requires special cabelling between Tuner and Amp, which is hard to find today, at least here in Europe. There was also a tape-deck (RD-06). They were quite pricy when new, the A-06 sold for 500-600 US$ (converted using todays exchange rates).

BRgds Klaus

post-101646-1219774116.jpg

I don't know what period you refer to, but I have two sets from the 80'ies:

Thanks, those are the ones. Right now there are three of the receivers (x-06, X-07 and x-10) up for auction and they got my curiosity up.

• 1 month later...

I have a CD-06 in excellent condition and I consider it to of quality build. Has the TDA 1541 A chip but no visible capacitors connected to the chip. Also have a Sony 507 ESD with two TDA 1541 A 's and capacitors, which I think has more detail and stereo separation. For some reason the AR has deeper and more pleasing bass though, which seems to compliment AR's philosophy of commitment to bass response. If I remember correctly it utilizes the CDM 2/10 transport, which I understand is very reliable, if kinda noisy. If you can find one of these units I think you will have a unit that produces much better sound for a price much lower than most new players. Pacer

Archived