Avid model 101

l24e

Hi there,

I bought a pair of AVID 101 speakers the other day, they sound great, but I am

finding it very difficult to find any information on them.

They are a 2 way speaker, each tower has 3 tweeters ( 1 in the front and 1 on each side )

and they are front ported.

Any help/information would be greatly appreciated!

Ken

• 2 weeks later...
Guest galston4766
Hi there,

I bought a pair of AVID 101 speakers the other day, they sound great, but I am

finding it very difficult to find any information on them.

They are a 2 way speaker, each tower has 3 tweeters ( 1 in the front and 1 on each side )

and they are front ported.

Any help/information would be greatly appreciated!

Ken

Ken,

I also just bought a pair of AVID 101 speakers from a thrift store today. I vaguely remembered the AVID brand from back in the day but wasn't sure about the quality of them. I just hooked them up and am absolutely blown away by them - they are very accurate speakers. The speakers have warranty certifications stapled to the bottom of them. They have company information but no specs. I don't know if any of this information will help you but if it does I would be happy to send you a copy of them.

Hi and Thanks for the offer, but I do have the warranty card on the bottom of the speakers.

I might take some photo's of them and post them on the website to see if they jog anyone else's memory??

They do sound great and it's a shame that not many people know about them.... I guess a lot of things in life

get forgotten.... Too bad..

Ken

p.s

Do you have the brown cloth covers? ( mine are brown ) Why I ask is that I saw a brochure on this site or e-bay

and I noticed on a range of speakers they had alternate colours you could choose from.

It would be nice to Blue or orange covers, something really 70's....

Thanks again!!

I thought I might up load these pics to give a clearer picture of what I am talking about.

I have them in storage at the moment and plan to clean them up.......

Here they are in all their glory.. poo brown covers and all!

Ken

post-102924-1220674144.jpg

post-102924-1220674219.jpg

post-102924-1220674284.jpg

post-102924-1220674356.jpg

• 3 months later...
Guest MJSNet
I thought I might up load these pics to give a clearer picture of what I am talking about.

I have them in storage at the moment and plan to clean them up.......

Here they are in all their glory.. poo brown covers and all!

Ken

Great pics! I have a pair, though mine are solid black, with black grills. Warranty cards are still attached to the bottom (were never sent in!) I have had them since 1978 when I got them for a good price used (can't remember exactly how much now) but I absolutely love them. They have been in use daily ever since, and currently are in my family room. They have good bass, and go quite loud without distortion. I think you will be happy! Unfortunately, I have no additonal information about the company. I couldn't even find any references to them on the net until the past couple of years. Enjoy!

Archived