Changing tweeter inductor value in Large Advent X-over

rgurney

I'm redoing the cross-over in my original Large Advent speakers. The tweeter inductor is .43mh in value. If I change the value of the tweeter inductor to .39mh or .47mh, what will the effect be on the tweeter sound? (Consider this the only change in the cross-over circuit for hypothetical purposes).

Thanks for your advice and comments.

I'm redoing the cross-over in my original Large Advent speakers. The tweeter inductor is .43mh in value. If I change the value of the tweeter inductor to .39mh or .47mh, what will the effect be on the tweeter sound? (Consider this the only change in the cross-over circuit for hypothetical purposes).

Thanks for your advice and comments.

I suggest that you go with a .47 mH, it should make little if any difference. Consider that the earlier version had a .8 mH. I assume that you're using new inductors, no reason to go with one of very heavy gauge as the original had a DCR of about .25 ohms.

Pete - Thanks for your help. I'm putting in Alpha AirCore inductors along with Auricaps. I'm doing away with the switch to further clean up the sound. 16uf of caps into a 3ohm/5W resistor to the tweeter inductor. Will use a 1.5mh AlphaCore inductor for the woofer.

Archived