Not vintage KLH question

Guest Terry Again

Guest Terry Again

Hi All, I have a powerd subwoofer model F-10 And it used to work fine using just the single sub output connection of my receiver now it doesn't do anything at all!! And has sat in an unused postion for about a month or 2? Now I have tiny little sony bookshelf speakers to give me time to go through my AR 2ax's! If anyone can help by telling me checks to do to norrow down what the problem is? Please speak/write up here!! i NEED SOME HELP BEFOR i GET RID of a good speaker? Or tell me of a better place to post to?

Thanks a bunch,

Terry

I am Brain damaged,what's your excuse?

• 4 months later...

well fist of tis a vintage site, so try to stick to that other people.

buuut since i knowabout this what the heckive got a lot of help from people here, soooo.

hmm, trade it in for a set of 60s model 6's haha

no really you will get much better bass, more then you can believe.

if you insist on sticking with the modern stuff tho..

sorry. i had a powered sub do the same thing, the best thing to do is call or email the company's service dept if they have one, often if you take the amp out and send to them they will fix it for little to nothing. i had a sub die and they said it would be 60 $ to fix the amp and send it back ot me, which i dotn have the money to do but is cheiper. it doesnt really work to bypass the amp and plug in directly, the sub will try to produce all frequencys and sound terrible, guess how i figured this out? most if not all new stuff its just a matter of callin the service department, hardly anythign these days is do it your self.

hope that helps, just had same woe, soooo.

Hi All, I have a powerd subwoofer model F-10 And it used to work fine using just the single sub output connection of my receiver now it doesn't do anything at all!! And has sat in an unused postion for about a month or 2? Now I have tiny little sony bookshelf speakers to give me time to go through my AR 2ax's! If anyone can help by telling me checks to do to norrow down what the problem is? Please speak/write up here!! i NEED SOME HELP BEFOR i GET RID of a good speaker? Or tell me of a better place to post to?

Thanks a bunch,

Terry

Thanks a bunch,

Terry

You can replace it cheaper than you can fix it; unless it's a very simple problem like a loose connection or a blown fuse.

You can find a lot of "KLH" stuff (current crop) by doing a search on Amazon.

100 Watt "KLH" subs for under a hundred bucks.

If it's out of warranty, and is more than a couple of years old, I myself wouldn't spend a dime on it to repair.

Anything beyond a little time and a few bucks isn't cost effective.

Good luck,

Craig

yeah, tis a good point.

new klh stuff really isnt worth fixing from a price perspective,i forgot what it sells for.

its not bad stuff but not great.

yeah it prolly is cheeper to get anew one or a used working one.

once again if it was a model 6 from the 60s.... whatever it takes to fix

anyways not sure why i commented on this, isnt a vintage question...

Archived