The queens are back!

Guest thewolf

Guest thewolf

Hi to all,

today i've upgraded the xover of my ANL (A3) and i want share my experience with you.

I've bought the components of Jantzen Audio #2 12mF Cross caps #2 1mF Cross caps #2 air core inductors 15 gauge .33mH #2 1 Ohm resistors, i've also bought 4+4 meters of Van den Hul CS16 cable, the results......fantastic!

A new world is open, more air, more dynamic, little particulars come into the music, is like i ear a record for the first time.

I've decided to bypass the 3pos switch ( i don't use it) so (IMHO) i've eliminated a font of distortion.

I wanna thanks the people that have posted regarding the Xover, with their experience and schematics for have carried me on this way .

If someone have further suggestion please reply.

post-102911-1202514977.jpg

post-102911-1202515013.jpg

post-102911-1202515027.jpg

Wow! That's beautiful work.

It looks as if you re-used the old crossover mounting board. My question is "How did you re-attach the crossover back into the cabinet?" Glue, staples or something else?

I have used a hot glue gun. Works OK but not the best of gripping power and tough to make a perfect seal.

Guest thewolf
Wow! That's beautiful work.

It looks as if you re-used the old crossover mounting board. My question is "How did you re-attach the crossover back into the cabinet?" Glue, staples or something else?

I have used a hot glue gun. Works OK but not the best of gripping power and tough to make a perfect seal.

Thanks for the appreciation!

I've bought on Ebay a second pair of Xover several years ago, so i've used this spare parts for the new Xover and i've tested it before dismantle the original. i've left the old board in place with the unusued switch.

I've fixed the new on the bottom of the speaker cabinet (is too heavy now) with Boston blue tack.

I think that the hot glue is a good option for fixing the xover board in place, for sealing have you tried to put the glue all around the board (like a line of silicon)?

Archived