Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?

johnieo

The indicated time of my (new CSP board) posts seemed to be in a time warp. running about seven hours into the future. Thought maybe I had solved the string equations at last. We queried Mark and he indicated that one could set the time zone in which one's posts originate. Here is the protocol.

1. Log in.

2. click on "MY CONTROLS"

3. Scroll down the left side to OPTIONS

and under options, click on BOARD SETTINGS

4. In center-top of panel, you will see a heading

entitled "YOUR BASE TIME ZONE"

5. If you really live in Casa Blanca, don't change it:-)

6. Scroll to the bottom and click on

"CHANGE MY ACCOUNT SETTINGS"

It would seem that the new software defaults us all to GMT (Casa Blanca, Dublin, London) and all those places in future time. (Well, maybe if you live there you think we're behind the times!)

Cheers,

John O'Hanlon

The indicated time of my (new CSP board) posts seemed to be in a time warp. running about seven hours into the future. Thought maybe I had solved the string equations at last. We queried Mark and he indicated that one could set the time zone in which one's posts originate. Here is the protocol.

1. Log in.

2. click on "MY CONTROLS"

3. Scroll down the left side to OPTIONS

and under options, click on BOARD SETTINGS

4. In center-top of panel, you will see a heading

entitled "YOUR BASE TIME ZONE"

5. If you really live in Casa Blanca, don't change it:-)

6. Scroll to the bottom and click on

"CHANGE MY ACCOUNT SETTINGS"

It would seem that the new software defaults us all to GMT (Casa Blanca, Dublin, London) and all those places in future time. (Well, maybe if you live there you think we're behind the times!)

Cheers,

John O'Hanlon

Thanks John for making members aware of one of the 'MY CONTROLS' features. Here's another:

While visiting there, I suggest members consider inputting their unique avatar and a picture of themselves. I and I think, one other, have but am beginning to wonder after all this time since Mark made the new CSP live if the rest are leery of having their face on the net? Why? Check out the avatar's at AK speaker forum. There are some very funny and interesting ones there.

I think they add some life to an otherwise dull appearance of simply text.

C'MON GUYS! PONY UP!

Archived