AR 302TC?

administrator

Does anyone have pictures of the AR 302TC? The thumbnail pictures I had were very low quality so I'm not publishing them on the new website.

Thanks,

Mark

Ken, if you are out there... there seems to be some confusion (based on emails I've been receiving) regarding the AR 302-T. I had a low resolution thumbnail, so I'm confident it (or the 302-TC) existed. <_< Was there a 302-TC? Were many 302-T/C speakers sold? They don't show up in my AR 303 series brochures.

Mark

I'm not out there, I'm in here. Well, maybe I am out there, too... At any rate, I don't have any memory or record of a 302-T/C, just a 302-T. That was the "tower" configuration of the standard 302. Now, this doesn't mean none were ever made. AR has a somewhat colorful product history, replete with entrepreneurial initiatives that attempted to fly under/around the radar for one reason or another. Sometimes this was an attempt to fill orders after a product was officially discontinued. Sometimes it was minor rebellion at production facility, or an ambitious distributor, or an attempt to manage pricing between channels and markets. The "302-T/C" might well have been a short-term run late in the product's cycle, but it is not a model number I am specifically familiar with.

Hey, history is written on the web. Just put the "302-T/C" into the Classic Speaker Pages archives, and it will have existed by definition!

-k

Ken, if you are out there... there seems to be some confusion (based on emails I've been receiving) regarding the AR 302-T. I had a low resolution thumbnail, so I'm confident it (or the 302-TC) existed. :mellow: Was there a 302-TC? Were many 302-T/C speakers sold? They don't show up in my AR 303 series brochures.

Mark

Hi Mark

As far as I know, there were only cherry vinyl covered AR-302T and AR-338T which were produced in very small amount and sold after AR had switched hands. These two "T" models had never reach the dealer's stocks at all but end up in accessories4less's warehouse in Florida and sold at discount prices over the internet at the bitter end of Recoton AR era! Both of these "T" models stands for Tower and where does the "C" comes from I have no idea?!?!

The AR-302T thumb nail picture in the Library was taken from my eBay auction when I posted my AR-302T speakers for sell few years ago! I got my PCs blown up by Virus attacked couple of times and all my AR-302T pictures and documents had been gone with those two Computers! I will try to find them and hopefully if I do locate a backup CD some where in the dust, I will contribute the info to the Library in the future.

Minh Luong

Does anyone have pictures of the AR 302TC? The thumbnail pictures I had were very low quality so I'm not publishing them on the new website.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark

I know where the "C" comes from after pushing my half dead brain to work again...! The "C" stands for Custom and whoever copied my picture might have sent it to you and called it AR302-T/C! I did the upgrade of my AR-302T speakers with AR-303A crossovers and center braced them internally since the elongated cabinet is simply too boomy without the center braced which the manufacturer chose to ignore to save money and time!!!

Hope my explanation clear the confusion and you can leave the "/C" out from this point on...

To me, misleading information is always worst than no information at all!

Minh Luong

Hi Mark,

Yes, It is one page brochure of front and back just like the AR-303A that was printed at the same time.

...and here is the complete color AR-303 series brochure for you to swap out the B&W version in the Library.

Minh

post-101112-1195432869.jpg

post-101112-1195432897.jpg

post-101112-1195432912.jpg

post-101112-1195432927.jpg

post-101112-1195432942.jpg

post-101112-1195432958.jpg

Hi Minh,

Could you scan the 302T/338T brochure in w/ higher resolution? When I zoom in I can't see the text clearly.

Thanks!

Mark

Hi Mark

Hi Res front and back had been emailed to you so check them out!

Happy Thanksgiving to All, Enjoy and Good Eat,

post-101112-1195739630.jpg

Minh Luong

Hi Minh,

The 302T and 338T brochure is up, thank you again. When you get a chance, could you email me higher resolution color scans of the 303 brochure? (The text in the ones in this thread break-up when I zoom in.)

Ultimately I think the "gallery view" pictures you all see in the Library will provide a nice preview mode and I will add a link to higher resolution scans in each gallery.

Mark

Archived