Any DQM-9 owners out there?

Guest DQM9

Greetings,

About a year ago I picked up a pair of DQM-9s for $30. :) I had to re-edge both woofers & fix a slightly pushed-in tweeter and now they're in top shape. I'm impressed with these speakers! They sound great... solid bass, with detailed mid & highs. They're now my main speakers.

Any other DQM-9 or DQM-9C owners out there? I'd love to get some specs from the owners manual, original cost, years built, & such.

Regards,

Gary C

San Diego, CA

• 8 months later...
Guest nh19926
Greetings,

About a year ago I picked up a pair of DQM-9s for $30. :) I had to re-edge both woofers & fix a slightly pushed-in tweeter and now they're in top shape. I'm impressed with these speakers! They sound great... solid bass, with detailed mid & highs. They're now my main speakers.

Any other DQM-9 or DQM-9C owners out there? I'd love to get some specs from the owners manual, original cost, years built, & such.

Regards,

Gary C

San Diego, CA

Hi,

The DQM-9's came out a long time ago..... the originally were about $1.000.00 for a pair. I do not have the manual...... I have a pair of them and they are in near mint condition with original factory boxes..... they sound perfect - got pics, too. A pair now goes for about $375.00 to $400.00 depending on condition.

Norm (nh19926@yahoo.com)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

The DQM-9's came out a long time ago..... the originally were about $1.000.00 for a pair. I do not have the manual...... I have a pair of them and they are in near mint condition with original factory boxes..... they sound perfect - got pics, too. A pair now goes for about $375.00 to $400.00 depending on condition.

Norm (nh19926@yahoo.com)

Hello all. I have a pair of DQM-7's that I picked up in a 'package deal' involving a 100 watt Yamaha receiver, which I promply ebayed out of my life. Mine needed refoaming of the woofers, as the foam was dust. I got the kit and did the job myself. The mids were sealed on the back, and I chickened out on them, so sent them to George Wiltsy in Nashville who did an excellent job, and I highly recommend him. Back together, I was amazed to put it mildly! I have a number of high-priced speakers to play with, but these had so much more detail that I kept looking up from my work to listen. I just missed a set of DQM-9's the other day that had the woofers missing, but was outbid in the last seconds by a sniper. The Magnat people have a rebuilding shop, and you just have to type in Magnat to find them on the net. They are high, but you can be sure they are excellent at what they do! I sure would like to have a pair of 9's and am keeping my eyes peeled, and I will buy them, sight unseen, and dead or alive. I am going to check on Audiogon and put in an inquiry. Just thought I'd share my good fortune with you guys, and gals, about these wonderful old speakers.

• 3 years later...
  • 5 years later...

Hey to all music lovers. I seen a pair of old speaker at a local second hand store. The foam was gone, yet when I lifted the box  was impressed with the weight. $15.80 /pair   65lbs each.Later i learned  these were DQM-9 . My new foam is on order and I can't wait to here what they sound like.  the Boxes are in great shape.   was going to just replace the woofers. But after some research I found these to be a top notch brand. $600/speaker back in the '70s. @ 200watts/speaker handling   I'll keep you post once their re-foamed

Welcome to CSP Bashaar.  Sounds like you got a great deal with the DQM-9's.  There is a company that specializes in the Dahlquist line of speakers with rebuild kits and upgrades that is at least worth checking out since they provide some specs and such on most models.

www.regnar.com

Archived