my dynaco speaker is A25 or not?

Guest sachio

Guest sachio

hi I just started to listen Dynaco speaker a few days ago. It sound really great! Fantastic sound this makes.

But I can't find my speaker is A25 or not. There is no information. Could you tell me some information about this photo's one? sachio from tokyo

1510.html

1511.html

Sachio,

Check out this link:

http://home.indy.net/~gregdunn/dynaco/comp...kers/index.html

Has some good info and photos on a variey of Dynaco speakers.

Couldn't see you attachment. Came through as code. If you were trying to post an image like a jpeg, make sure to define attachment type (Step 2) when loading your photo. Or maybe it is because I am using Netscape.

Hope this helps

James

ps welcome to the forum. hope to see you around.

Guest vintfan

sachio, I'm no expert on the subject. Is this a hybrid model? From what I know and see from your picture, it seems to be a first generation A-25 cabinet with the variovent on top of the tweeter. they should be fitted with ScanSpeak drivers. However, the drivers have probably been replaced with the 1.5" Seas tweeter and Seas Woofer. On the woofer, tabs with screw holes would indicate the Seas AlNiCo driver. Would be interesting to see which crossover is inside. Definitly an A-25.

Guest sachio

Thanks for your information. Yes my speakers vent stays on the top!

So I wondered why. But as you mentioned, it schould be A25. Thanks a lot. from sachio

Yes, this is a pair of Dynaco A-25s. The port on top suggests it is an early Scanspeak driver version. But the drivers themselves appear to be later SEAS versions. I wonder how different the crossovers are between the two versions. With the proper crossovers and drivers, the early and later versions sound quite similar to me.

• 1 year later...
Yes, this is a pair of Dynaco A-25s. The port on top suggests it is an early Scanspeak driver version. But the drivers themselves appear to be later SEAS versions. I wonder how different the crossovers are between the two versions. With the proper crossovers and drivers, the early and later versions sound quite similar to me.

This is as it appearts to me a rumour or legend.

The first A-25 were produced in early 1969.

ScanSpeak was founded by two Ex-SEAS Engineers in 1970.

How can it be that the early A-25 are ScanSpeak driven?

To my Opinion it is not possible. I also have a pair of Vent above combined w/SEAS drivers, and i believe THOSE are the early A-25s.

The ones w/ScanSpeak can be 1970s production earliest.

Am i wrong?

Helge

• 1 year later...

They appear to be A-25s, but a rare sample because they have SEAS drivers and the port above the tweeter. Usually the ones with the port above the tweeter have Scanspeak drivers.

r

hi I just started to listen Dynaco speaker a few days ago. It sound really great! Fantastic sound this makes.

But I can't find my speaker is A25 or not. There is no information. Could you tell me some information about this photo's one? sachio from tokyo

Archived