A-10 / A-25 Comparison photos

draftingmonkey

Here are some photos of a pair of A-10's and A-25's stacked for comparison.

Besides the fact that the previous owner was the original owner I was also able to determine that the smaller speakers were A-10's even with no label due to the use of the 6.5" woofer (Seas) and the aperoic vent. Also the dimensions were right on.

The A-25's are the WV model (Walnut Vinyl). The difference I believe between these and the wood veneered model A-25 was that the WV has a 3 position switch and the regular version has a 5 position switch. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Lets's see some regular 25's, 35's 50's and the XL 25's and 40's if anyone has them.

Another time when I get a chance I can do up some photos of my electronics (Pat-4, ST-120, FM-3, ST-70's, PAS-3, PAS-2x and QD-1). Ithink that covers my Dynaco gear (for now).

Scroll down to the bottom of this link to see dimension and specs for Dynao speakers.

http://home.indy.net/~gregdunn/dynaco/comp...kers/index.html

James

post-101227-1143412137.jpg

post-20-1143412137.jpg

post-20-1143412138.jpg

post-20-1143412139.jpg

post-20-1143412140.jpg

Guest denmarkdrivers

Nice pics !! exp the one with the speaker cover off showing the glorious A25 driver with no wear after almost 40 years and a rubber surround to die for, yes its almost as good as sex great pics !

Guest innisfree

James, nice pictures. How do the Dynaco's compare with the Dahlquist speakers? I don't recall ever hearing them but I know they're very popular as far as older speakers go. What is the rest of your equipment? Sandra

craig,

it looks like you forgot step 2 of the upload process; defining attachment file type. did that myself the first few times. the default is text files. make sute to select the appropriate image file type.

look forward to seeing your pics.

james

Guest denmarkdrivers

Oops sorry draft thanks for letting me know, The edit expired so ill repost them as j pegs. Does the grill on the bottom act as a port ?

post-101827-1143599263.jpg

post-20-1143599263.jpg

post-20-1143599264.jpg

post-20-1143599265.jpg

• 2 months later...

I just came up with a pair of A-10s but don't have photos yet. I've never seen the reddish tweeter shown in that one A-25 photo (I forget which poster). I'll try to post my photos of a pair of 1972 or so A-25s and also a 1969 Scanspeak pair with the vent above the tweeter.

post-101929-1149152297.jpg

post-20-1149152297.jpg

Guest denmarkdrivers

Its intresting the consistantcy of papper on the scan version seems rougher.

Also the attachment between the papper and the surround seems blurred on the scan version, But not blurred on the seas version, if you notice the first pic in my last post the attachment between the rubber surround and the cone itself seems flawless by sight, meaning the edge is hard , only showing the rubber lip and not showing the glue that attaches the rubber surround to the cone itself.

On the scan version it almost looks like it was glued on in comparison to the seas version, not to say the other wasent glued on but, is the differnces ive noticed just a fluke in my pairs ? or does it tend too be more of a difference betreen the scan version and the seas version ?

( on my version even the papper it self looks different on the seas version, almost like one pair aged and one dident, for all i know the scan version looked that way new. )

:P criag

Archived