Boston A60s

Guest Beefy

I recently bought a pair of A60s, but I'm really not sure what to expect when I finally recieve them; there isn't alot of chat/info on them.

I googled A60 and this was the only place I found substantial info (the brochure pic was great, thx ;)

Does anybody know much more about these speakers? I've uploaded a picture as I know there are a few models out there. Thats another problem... Do you think these are the same speakers as in the brochure?

The seller gave me the demensions but they aren't out more than 1/4 -1/2 an inch.

Anyt help or advice on these would be greatly appreciated.

Finally, how do you think these would stand up against other models in the line?

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/dc/user_files/895.jpg

Just ask if you require more pics!

post-101661-1137481107.jpg

I recommended a pair of those to my sister-in-law back in the '80s. If you like the sound of EPI 70s and the Smaller Advents, you'll like the sound of these. I recall them as being a little more "neutral" sounding than the aforementioned offerings from Advent and EPI, but with slightly more presence. Perhaps leaning a little to the British side of the Atlantic as opposed to the East Coast sound.

All in all, a very nice smaller speaker. Congratulations!

The tweeter in the 60 looks similar to the one used in the Cambridge Soundworks Model Six and they both use 8-inch woofers. Probably similar in frequency coverage but not necessarily in voicing. I haven't heard the 60 for many years, but I remember it to be a somewhat forward-sounding speaker that is probably better suited to popular music reproduction than classical or chamber music.

Bob

• 6 months later...
Guest cleaneduphippy

Still using my A-60s from the late '80's (Series II), and recently was looking at buying some new speakers. My thoughts are after listening to several speakers in the $300 - 600 a pair price range is the A-60s still hold their own very well. Truth is, I didn't find anything (and I listened to Polks, Paradigm, Boston Acoutics, B&W, NHT's) that I thought that sounded significantly better than the A-60s. Indeed the A-60s are a good sounding, well balanced bookshelf speaker with reasonable bass extension. As it is, I decided instead of replacing the speakers at this time to upgrade my amp instead. In any case, when and if I do upgrade my speakers, I'll still be keeping my A-60s and they will be serving as the speakers in a bedroom system. Remember a classic never goes out of style, and A-60s are definitely a classic.

Archived