AR-LST grille specs

Guest red55

Guest red55

Here are some pictures for Frank of the AR-LST grilles with some measurements. The one omission is the top hoizontal measurement on the front panel, which is 12.5"

post-100889-1148737140.jpg

post-100889-1148737252.jpg

>Here are some pictures for Frank of the AR-LST grilles with

>some measurements. The one omission is the top hoizontal

>measurement on the front panel, which is 12.5"

Thanks red55, this is precisely what I was looking for, you da man.

Frank Marsi

I see that you're a stacked LST person yourself, do you have any observations to relate to me, I'd be most interested to hear what you have to say? How and what amps are you using, etc? I have stacked LST's myself and feel this is an 'ultimate set-up' for me. I use double Phase Linear amps and don't feel I need to go to any other degree of powering them. When these amps are warmed up, they're almost tube like, except for having a tighter bottom-end and seemingly unlimited top-end 'head-room'.

FM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest red55

I'm not sure how I feel about my stacked pairs, to be honest. They're beautiful, no doubt, but I've recently moved, and I feel that it's too much sound for their current space. I inherited them from a deceased grandfather, who powered them with a accuphase 350 (I think this is right, I'm out of the house at the moment), and that's the current set-up I've got going. It was recommended to me by another member on this board that I turn the top pair upside down so the tweeters can be as close together as possible. I tried it, and it does sound tighter, but it looks awful. Sad to say it, but I think I'll probably sell one pair in the next few months.

As for the pictures, the mysterious lines and numbers are nothing fancy, I opened up the picture file in the PAINT program that comes with windows and just did it right there. I don't know why the numbers came out so pixilated, though.

For selling, I keep track of ebay and have concluded that on a good day I can get 2000 for the pair (they're in pretty good shape, and the woofers have recently been re-foamed). Are there other forums that are better than ebay for selling such treasures?

Archived