Dynaco A-25 Logo

Guest orionkc

Picked up another set of A-25's missing one logo. Come on fellas. Surely there is someone out there with an extra. FWIW I found these at a Thrift Store in KC. They looked like heck but no major dents or any other damage. Grills had never been removed and I thought for sure there would be something wrong with them but boy was I wrong. The Grills had never been off and after lugging them home I hooked them up and couldn't believe my ears. They sounded better than my other set that I refinished and recapped. With a little sanding and some watco and trewax they were resurrected from the dreaded speaker graveyard. The price was written on top of the speakers and get this....$2.98 per speaker. I will continue my search for more. You never know what's out there unless you put forth the effort and look.

Never mind fellas. Found a set on ebay that cost me more than the speakers but with my prior experiences trying to run down logos for these vintage speakers I went ahead and paid the e-prey price for some NOS Dynaco Logos. Now I have an extra in case somebody needs one.

Best regards,

Rick

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Picked up another set of A-25's missing one logo. Come on fellas. Surely there is someone out there with an extra. FWIW I found these at a Thrift Store in KC. They looked like heck but no major dents or any other damage. Grills had never been removed and I thought for sure there would be something wrong with them but boy was I wrong. The Grills had never been off and after lugging them home I hooked them up and couldn't believe my ears. They sounded better than my other set that I refinished and recapped. With a little sanding and some watco and trewax they were resurrected from the dreaded speaker graveyard. The price was written on top of the speakers and get this....$2.98 per speaker. I will continue my search for more. You never know what's out there unless you put forth the effort and look.

Funny i got my pair for 12 bucks for the pair with covers still on them and both logo's some kind of unusual red fronts ( particle board ) thrift shop, i passed on a pair of A35's at same shop not knowing they were good, i thought the tweeter being further away from woofer men't they were not as good. oh well

Archived