Soundcraftsmen Amp(s) Wanted

Guest markamerica

Guest markamerica

Hi!

After 20 years without stereo, I've begun to reassemble my collection of goodies, sold off just prior to my marriage. The good news is that I'm still married, but the bad news is that re-creating the system I had back then, a young single soldier living in the barracks, in Germany, is turning out to be a daunting chore. I've re-accumulated some of my favorite goodies, but the thing that's killing me as I now save my nickels to try to re-acquire a pair of Polk SDA-SRS's is coming up with the amps I had. I lucked into one, pure luck I assure you, and it is powering the pair of SDA 2a's I have, but geeze, it's getting hard to find these things in other than crispy form.. So here's what I seek:

Soundcraftsmen power amps, of the following models, in order of preference:

A5002, DDR 1200, A5001, A2502. If you have a line on any one of these, or more than one of these, please let me know. If you own one of these, and are looking to move on to something else, let me know. We may be able to come to some reasonable conclusion for both of us!

You know, as my one and only child gets ready to leave the nest, I've decided I have done without long enough.

BTW, even if you have a non-working, or partially working unit, let me know, as I may be able to make use of it anyway.

Thanks!

Mark

• 3 months later...
Guest John Irvine
Hi!

After 20 years without stereo, I've begun to reassemble my collection of goodies, sold off just prior to my marriage. The good news is that I'm still married, but the bad news is that re-creating the system I had back then, a young single soldier living in the barracks, in Germany, is turning out to be a daunting chore. I've re-accumulated some of my favorite goodies, but the thing that's killing me as I now save my nickels to try to re-acquire a pair of Polk SDA-SRS's is coming up with the amps I had. I lucked into one, pure luck I assure you, and it is powering the pair of SDA 2a's I have, but geeze, it's getting hard to find these things in other than crispy form.. So here's what I seek:

A5002, DDR 1200, A5001, A2502. If you have a line on any one of these, or more than one of these, please let me know. If you own one of these, and are looking to move on to something else, let me know. We may be able to come to some reasonable conclusion for both of us!

You know, as my one and only child gets ready to leave the nest, I've decided I have done without long enough.

BTW, even if you have a non-working, or partially working unit, let me know, as I may be able to make use of it anyway.

Thanks!

Mark

Guest John Irvine

Hi Mark

You can find these amps on ebay under Soundcraftsmen. I don't have any of the ones you listed but I do have some PM840 that work fine. These amps deliver 205 wats per channel and have cooling fans that are quite. I use 16 Soundcraftsmen similar to PM840 in my sorround sound system that was assembled in the 80's and stell work fine.

Wish You Good Luck

John

• 3 months later...
Guest guitard00d

If you're still looking for an A2502, I have one. Seen plenty of use and black automotive touch-up paint, but it still works just fine. However, the person that traded it in at the place I got it from added a pair of 1/4" jacks in parallel with the RCA jacks. So it's not 100% original. But, if you want it, I'd be willing to trade it for a 1U rack mounted power amp that's about 100 watts per channel into 8 ohms.

Archived